[comp.windows.ms] Win3/SCSI Streamer/AHA1540/ASPI4DOS-problem

mattij@tuura.UUCP (Matti Joutkoski) (05/07/91)

Hello folks,

I have a problem with 386/Machine. Environment is DOS 4.01, SCSI HD +
Streamer, Sytos tape-SW and Windows 3.0 in enhanced mode.

It doesn't work.

Problem occurs when we have AHA1540.SYS driver in config.sys and we
run the Sytos (SCSI V3.01). After we exit Sytos and try to run that
Windows to the enhanced mode, system hangs!

If we don't run the Sytos first, Windows 3.0 goes to the enhanced mode
without problems.

Any advice?

Matti Joutkoski, mattij@yj.data.nokia.fi, tel. + 358-0-5673866.

press@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM (Barry Press) (05/08/91)

In article <1160@tuura.UUCP> mattij@tuura.UUCP (Matti Joutkoski) writes:
>I have a problem with 386/Machine. Environment is DOS 4.01, SCSI HD +
>Streamer, Sytos tape-SW and Windows 3.0 in enhanced mode.
>
>It doesn't work.

The following should be in the FAQ if it isn't; in any event, be sure you've
done the following

1.) You have to run smartdrv so that it can do some double buffering in low
memory for you

2.) You have to put VirtualHDIRQ-False in the [386Enh] section of system.ini

Have you done both of those?

--
Barry Press                                 Internet: press@venice.sedd.trw.com