[comp.windows.ms] Summagraphic Digitizer - driver wanted

joshua.grosse@amail.amdahl.com (05/04/91)

A buddy of mine without access to e-mail or USENet has asked me if I could
locate a windows driver for his digitizer -- cica has only video and printer
drivers available.  He's looking for some sort of mouse simulator for drawing
in paint programs, I gather.

I would appreciate any information you could provide that I could pass on to
him.  An anon FTP site or bbs would do fine.  Thank you.

Josh Grosse              jdg00@amail.amdahl.com   (or)
Amdahl Corporation       joshua.grosse@amail.amdahl.com
Southfield, Michigan

gt0652b@prism.gatech.EDU (I don't know man, he was just here) (05/05/91)

I am also looking for a similar driver got a Genius GT-1212A digitizer
Any help would be apperciated.

Thanks in advance!

Josh Guttman

* Joshua I. Guttman	                   "I'm a lookin' for the man that  *
* gt0652b@prism.gatech.edu                 shot my paw!" - The Three Legged *
* (404)355-3908 Home/(404)355-0001 Work               Outlaw Dog.           *

berger@clio.sts.uiuc.edu (Mike Berger) (05/09/91)

joshua.grosse@amail.amdahl.com writes:

>A buddy of mine without access to e-mail or USENet has asked me if I could
>locate a windows driver for his digitizer -- cica has only video and printer
>drivers available.  He's looking for some sort of mouse simulator for drawing
>in paint programs, I gather.

>I would appreciate any information you could provide that I could pass on to
>him.  An anon FTP site or bbs would do fine.  Thank you.
*----
I doubt you'll find what you're looking for that way.  Summagraphics
has a mouse driver for their digitizer pad for $ 50.  They don't have
a BBS, and driver updates aren't free.  I'd recommend that people
buy Mouse Systems products instead.  New drivers are available free
from their BBS.  If anybody knows of a public domain mouse driver
for summagraphics digitizers, or a public domain mouse driver for
Summagraphics optical mice (they won't even sell me a replacement
driver, because it's an OEM mouse, however identical to their regular
product line), I'd like to know the source too.
--
	Mike Berger
	Department of Statistics, University of Illinois