[comp.windows.ms] Temporary swapfile

estsai@sunc4.cs.uiuc.edu (Earl E. Tsai) (05/02/91)

I like the idea of temporary swapfile because my computer does not
have a HUGE hard disk.  So the swap area can be reclaimed when not in
window.  However, WIN3 always create the swapfile (WIN386.SWP)
on the C: drive which is the least-space-available drive.  Is there
any way to force it to another drive ?  I tried to change the swapdisk=
in win.ini and does not work.

Thanks

Earl Tsai
estsai@cs.uiuc.edu

tonyd@hplsla.HP.COM (Tony DeMartino) (05/03/91)

Try reading the Manual on page 528. It explains what you want to know.

ckinsman@yoda.eecs.wsu.edu (Chris Kinsman) (05/09/91)

In article <281F85C7.76B0@ibma0.cs.uiuc.edu> estsai@sunc4.cs.uiuc.edu (Earl E. Tsai) writes:
>I like the idea of temporary swapfile because my computer does not
>have a HUGE hard disk.  So the swap area can be reclaimed when not in
>window.  However, WIN3 always create the swapfile (WIN386.SWP)
>on the C: drive which is the least-space-available drive.  Is there
>any way to force it to another drive ?  I tried to change the swapdisk=
>in win.ini and does not work.
>
>Thanks
>
>Earl Tsai
>estsai@cs.uiuc.edu

In the [386Enh] section of system.ini add pagingdrive=D: or whatever drive
you would like.

Chris

--
Chris Kinsman  					KINSMAN@WSUVM1