[comp.windows.ms] Changing the menu color

u2zj@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (Stanton Loh) (04/24/91)

A selected menu item in the hi resolution mode (1024x768) of
Windows (3.0) has a light blue background with white letters, a
combination that doesn't photograph well.

Does anyone know how to change this, ie to a black background
with white letters as in the 640x480 mode?

I'm using an Orchid Prodesigner II board.

Thanks,
Stanton Loh
(u2zj@vax5.cit.cornell.edu)

tonyd@hplsla.HP.COM (Tony DeMartino) (04/25/91)

Have you tried the Colors section of the control panel ?

u2zj@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (Stanton Loh) (04/25/91)

In article <3130059@hplsla.HP.COM>,
tonyd@hplsla.HP.COM (Tony DeMartino) writes:

> Have you tried the Colors section of the control panel ?

yes

altman@sbpmt.cs.sunysb.edu (Jeff Altman) (04/29/91)

In article <1991Apr23.180302.4227@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> u2zj@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (Stanton Loh) writes:
>A selected menu item in the hi resolution mode (1024x768) of
>Windows (3.0) has a light blue background with white letters, a
>combination that doesn't photograph well.
>
>Does anyone know how to change this, ie to a black background
>with white letters as in the 640x480 mode?

Here is my colors section of my WIN.INI file.  Notice the last
six entries.  These are items which can be set by hand but which the
Control Panel doesn't recognize.  I believe that the ones you want
to change are the Hilight and Hilight Text options.

BTW, this color comibnation was recommended in the MS Programmers
Journal awhile back.  I think they are really great.

[colors]
Background=0 64 128
AppWorkspace=255 255 255
Window=255 255 255
WindowText=0 0 0
Menu=255 255 255
MenuText=0 0 0
ActiveTitle=64 128 128
InactiveTitle=192 192 192
TitleText=255 255 255
ActiveBorder=255 128 64
InactiveBorder=192 192 192
WindowFrame=0 0 0
Scrollbar=129 129 129
; these colors Control Panel does not recognize
; ButtonFace=
; ButtonShadow=
ButtonText=0 0 0
GrayText=128 128 128
Hilight=128 0 0
HilightText=255 255 0

--
- Jeff  | Altmania Productions |================================|
 ~   ~	| 15 Yarmouth Lane     | jaltman    @ ccmail.sunysb.edu |

07790@tanus.oz.au (Brant Campbell) (05/09/91)

For changing menu colors you must edit the win.ini file:

You can add 2 lines as follows:

                HiLight=
                HiLightText=

Color values are the same format used for the other lines in the [clors]
sorry [colors] section.

Brant - Microsoft Australia.

UUCP: {munnari}!jabaru!anthos!tanus!07790
INET: 07790@tanus.oz.au