[comp.windows.ms] Telnet for Windows.

moorhouse@sask.usask.ca (05/04/91)

I am running Win3 on a Zenith 486 with a WD8003E or 3Com503
Ethernet card.  Does anyone know if there is such a thing
as telnet for windows?

mas35638@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Mike) (05/11/91)

moorhouse@sask.usask.ca writes (some time ago):

>I am running Win3 on a Zenith 486 with a WD8003E or 3Com503
>Ethernet card.  Does anyone know if there is such a thing
>as telnet for windows?

There is, indeed.  NCSA is working on it as we speak.

Mike Stangel
m-stangel@uiuc.edu

bdh@gsbsun.uchicago.edu (Brian D. Howard) (05/11/91)

mas35638@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Mike) writes:

>moorhouse@sask.usask.ca writes (some time ago):

>>I am running Win3 on a Zenith 486 with a WD8003E or 3Com503
>>Ethernet card.  Does anyone know if there is such a thing
>>as telnet for windows?

>There is, indeed.  NCSA is working on it as we speak.

>Mike Stangel
>m-stangel@uiuc.edu

Will they fix the problem of it blowing away printers and mounted
drives under PC-NFS while they are at it?

--
"Hire the young while they still know everything."

vamg6792@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Vincent A Mazzarella) (05/12/91)

mas35638@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Mike) writes:

>moorhouse@sask.usask.ca writes (some time ago):

>>I am running Win3 on a Zenith 486 with a WD8003E or 3Com503
>>Ethernet card.  Does anyone know if there is such a thing
>>as telnet for windows?

>There is, indeed.  NCSA is working on it as we speak.

>Mike Stangel
>m-stangel@uiuc.edu

What's wrong with QVTNet 1.6 on cica.cica.indiana.edu ? Works fine
for me, with a 3C501 Ethernet card.

--

Vincent Mazzarella
College of Medicine, Neuroscience Program