[comp.windows.ms] ATM + Laserjet III = trouble?

ntaib@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Nur Iskandar Taib) (05/11/91)

Has anyone else been having trouble with ATM using
a Laserjet III? Here is what I've run into:

1) Installed ATM
2) Unzip 36psfnts.zip from cica.cica into \psfonts
3) Ran ATM control panel to install fonts.
4) Write a document on Write to see what they look like.

Only about half (the first half, as a matter of fact)
show up on the screen. None of them print except for
ErasUltraBlack, Line Printer and Script. The rest just
leave a blank spot where they are supposed to appear.

Is this an ATM problem, a Write problem or a Laserjet
problem? I've re-installed ATM, restarted Windows, re-
installed the fonts, all to no avail. Is Write just
the wrong thing to use in this case?

Iskandar Taib                        | The only thing worse than Peach ala
Internet: NTAIB@AQUA.UCS.INDIANA.EDU |    Frog is Frog ala Peach
Bitnet:   NTAIB@IUBACS               !

ntaib@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Nur Iskandar Taib) (05/11/91)

>Has anyone else been having trouble with ATM using
>a Laserjet III? Here is what I've run into:
>
>1) Installed ATM
>2) Unzip 36psfnts.zip from cica.cica into \psfonts
>3) Ran ATM control panel to install fonts.
>4) Write a document on Write to see what they look like.
>
>Only about half (the first half, as a matter of fact)
>show up on the screen. None of them print except for
>ErasUltraBlack, Line Printer and Script. The rest just
>leave a blank spot where they are supposed to appear.

I've come up with two possible solutions. 1) I installed
a few fonts at a time instead of all 36 at once. 2) I un-
zipped the files into a separate subdirectory and let
ATM copy them into \psfonts. The first time, I unzipped
the file into my \psfonts subdirectory. Maybe this was
causing the problems. I still have to install 25-odd fonts.
I'll install them all together and see what happens.

liggio@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Vincent J. Liggio) (05/12/91)

In article <1991May10.182100.17565@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu> ntaib@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Nur Iskandar Taib) writes:
>>Has anyone else been having trouble with ATM using
>>a Laserjet III? Here is what I've run into:
>>
>>Only about half (the first half, as a matter of fact)
>>show up on the screen. None of them print except for
>>ErasUltraBlack, Line Printer and Script. The rest just
>>leave a blank spot where they are supposed to appear.

The problem is a mis-formed font named eurostyle.  Delete it and never use
it again, and everything will be fine...  I have a friend using about 200
fonts and a LJ III, and they all work great (after we found out from the
net that wurostyle was bad...)

Vince