[comp.windows.ms] Looking for a EGA Video 7 driver

killoran@xn.ll.mit.edu (05/10/91)

Hello,

I have a AT with a Video 7 VEGA graphics adapter and a NEC multisync
EGA monitor.  The video card came with drivers for old windows (version
two?) and these don't seem to work with win3.  On cica there are
drivers for video 7 cards, but only to drive a VGA monitor!  I have
been using win3 with windows default driver for a EGA, but this
monitor/card set can do better.  Any ideas?

Mike Killoran
killoran@xn.ll.mit.edu

chip@osh3.OSHA.GOV (Chip Yamasaki) (05/12/91)

In <1991May9.172446.409@xn.ll.mit.edu> killoran@xn.ll.mit.edu writes:
>I have a AT with a Video 7 VEGA graphics adapter and a NEC multisync
>EGA monitor.  The video card came with drivers for old windows (version
>two?) and these don't seem to work with win3.  On cica there are
>drivers for video 7 cards, but only to drive a VGA monitor!  I have
>been using win3 with windows default driver for a EGA, but this
>monitor/card set can do better.  Any ideas?

Call Video 7 at 1-800-248-1850 with the date of your video bios and they
will probably tell you you need to send the card in for a free bios
update.  Mine is there now.

Charles "Chip" Yamasaki
chip@oshcomm.osha.gov

cms2839@isc.rit.edu (a.stranger) (05/12/91)

In article <1991May11.183750.9443@osh3.OSHA.GOV> chip@osh3.OSHA.GOV (Chip Yamasaki) writes:
>Call Video 7 at 1-800-248-1850 with the date of your video bios and they
>will probably tell you you need to send the card in for a free bios
>update.  Mine is there now.

				you don't have to send in your card .
they'll send you the BIOS's for you to install yourself if you agree to
send the old ones back . all free .

				i don't , however , think that this will
solve the problem of not having a driver for a VEGA in EGA mode . the
only solution that i can think of is to use the standard EGA driver .

--
       @     "Imagination keeps the shadows away  -  Xymox      @