[comp.windows.ms] Help!! Cannot print text in Excel Charts

neiger@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au (Neiger) (04/24/91)

Help!

I have a strange problem with ATM, Excel 3.0 and and HP Laserjet II printer;
when I use any other applications, everything works properly, however when I try
to print a graph from Excel..the graph prints perfectly but all of the
text from the title, legend and any other text boxes simply doesn't print!!

The exact setup is
ATM V1.1
Excel 3.0
HP Laserjet III driver V3.42

Has anyone come across this before or has any ideas why this is happening??

David

--
David S. Neiger                 |  neiger@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Research Assistant              |  phone:  +61 3 565 4372 (W/H)

tonyd@hplsla.HP.COM (Tony DeMartino) (04/25/91)

You say you are using a Laserjet II printer with a Laserjet III driver. Could
this be your problem or is it a typo ...

cids05@vaxa.strath.ac.uk (@Dr Stephen K Tagg@) (04/25/91)

In article <1991Apr24.110923.86604@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au>, neiger@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au (Neiger) writes:
> Help!
>
> I have a strange problem with ATM, Excel 3.0 and and HP Laserjet II printer;
> when I use any other applications, everything works properly, however when I try
> to print a graph from Excel..the graph prints perfectly but all of the
> text from the title, legend and any other text boxes simply doesn't print!!
>
> The exact setup is
> ATM V1.1
> Excel 3.0
> HP Laserjet III driver V3.42
>
> Has anyone come across this before or has any ideas why this is happening??
>
> David
Yes this sounds slightly familiar to my current excel problem which is the fact
that it refuses to be wysiwyg (even print preview).
I guess the screen is using typefaces that the printer can't do (its a citizen
HQP-45 playing being an Epson LQ1000). First I would check the Printer Fonts
box, then I would do a printer setup, then I would select another printer
driver and then come back to the initial one. If none of these worked I would
be stumped and just try another font.

p.s. in my scenario the text fits in a cell on the screen but not on the
printer or even when paste-linked into wfw.

Stephen Tagg

robertt@hp-vcd.HP.COM (Bob Taylor) (04/25/91)

See the "Excel 3.0, Win 3.0 and ATM 1.0 problem" string - I posted a fix
for the DeskJet 500 that should also work for the LJ IIP.

bob taylor
HP Vancouver

07790@tanus.oz.au (Brant Campbell) (05/09/91)

What memory in printer?

UUCP: {munnari}!jabaru!anthos!tanus!07790
INET: 07790@tanus.oz.au

09381@tanus.oz.au (Shane Pascoe) (05/13/91)

What type of printer do you have. If its a HP you need to add info in the
printers section concerning Excel 3.0. Contact MS for the correct info.

Shane Pascoe
Sydney Windows User Group
Sydney Australia

UUCP: {munnari}!jabaru!anthos!tanus!09381
INET: 09381@tanus.oz.au