[comp.windows.ms] 486sx

minh-do@CS.YALE.EDU (Do Minh) (05/14/91)

The new 486sx has been described as  a 486 with the floating point unit
"disabled."  Does this mean that it is there but nonfunctional, or that
Intel left it out during production?

Thanks in advance.
.

phil@brahms.amd.com (Phil Ngai) (05/15/91)

minh-do@CS.YALE.EDU (Do Minh) writes:

>The new 486sx has been described as  a 486 with the floating point unit
>"disabled."  Does this mean that it is there but nonfunctional, or that
>Intel left it out during production?

What difference does it make? Especially since Intel can do either one
or even switch back and forth as they please?

--
"1935 will go down in history!  For the first time, a civilized nation has
full gun registration!  Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient