[comp.windows.ms] Sure way to make Windows & WfW go *BOOM* -- revisited

) (05/14/91)

About a week ago I posted a note about WfW crashing if you closed it
immediately after it finished spooling a document to PrintManager, and while
PM was still printing.

One item I didn't mention is that I'm using the enhanced 24-pin drivers
found on cica. I received a call from someone at Microsoft, who was looking
into my problem. He suggested it might be the tweaked driver. Anyhow, I
haven't had the trouble with the original driver. So the author of the
improved version may want to take a look an see if anything is wrong.

-Chris

--
University of Rochester	*  		  will screw it up."		     *
Disclaimer: "All warranties expire upon payment of invoice."
ctne_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu * uhura.cc.rochester.edu!ctne_ltd@uunet

amf@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Andrew Fountain) (05/15/91)

In <14010@ur-cc.UUCP> ctne_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Intruder Alert!) writes:

>About a week ago I posted a note about WfW crashing if you closed it
>immediately after it finished spooling a document to PrintManager, and while
>PM was still printing.

>One item I didn't mention is that I'm using the enhanced 24-pin drivers
>found on cica. I received a call from someone at Microsoft, who was looking
>into my problem. He suggested it might be the tweaked driver. Anyhow, I
>haven't had the trouble with the original driver. So the author of the
>improved version may want to take a look an see if anything is wrong.

I'm the author of the tweaked driver. The changes made are very slight,
only a few bytes, and as far as I can see in no way could cause a UAE.

--
amf@ecs.soton.ac.uk                  Dr. Andrew Fountain
Tel: +44 703 592831                  Dept of Electronics and Computer Science