[comp.windows.ms] Global Field Updates in WFW

chris@ollie.brandonu.ca (05/15/91)

I am using a large number of fields in a WFW document.  I have glossary
entries defined so that I can convert LaTEX formatting codes to word
fields i.e. \item becomes {seq list \n} my question is- How do I update a
update all of the fields in a document at once ?  I _really_ don't wnwat want
to have to press <F9> everytime I insert a field.  This would also
allow for wholesale substitution of the LaTEX codes so that I could
update them later.

Thanks,

Chris Ross
Meyers Norris Penny & Co.
Chartered Accountants

Chris@TKM.BrandonU.CA

press@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM (Barry Press) (05/15/91)

In article <1991May14.143349.1@ollie.brandonu.ca> chris@ollie.brandonu.ca writes:
> ... my question is- How do I update all of the fields in a document at once?

Try this:

	<ctrl>keypad-5		select whole document
	F9			and update

--
Barry Press                                 Internet: press@venice.sedd.trw.com

ddb@cogsci.ed.ac.uk (Darren Brierton) (05/16/91)

In article <1991May14.143349.1@ollie.brandonu.ca> chris@ollie.brandonu.ca writes:
>I am using a large number of fields in a WFW document.  I have glossary
>entries defined so that I can convert LaTEX formatting codes to word
>fields i.e. \item becomes {seq list \n} my question is- How do I update a
>update all of the fields in a document at once ?  I _really_ don't wnwat want
>to have to press <F9> everytime I insert a field.  This would also
>allow for wholesale substitution of the LaTEX codes so that I could
>update them later.

In order to update all the fields, simply control-click in the left
margin to select the entire document and then press F9.

More importantly, could you give us more details on how you convert
LaTeX documents to W4W documents?

Darren.

--
Darren Brierton                                 | University of Edinburgh
UUCP:   ...!uunet!mcvax!ukc!its63b!cogsci!ddb   | Centre for Cognitive Science