[comp.windows.ms] Change text color in Microsoft Word 5.5?

andrew@frip.WV.TEK.COM (Andrew Klossner) (05/11/91)

When I run Microsoft Word 5.5, I want my screen to look just like it
did ten years ago: amber characters on a black background.  But the
^%$# color preferences menu won't let me change text color!  Does
anybody know of a to change my text color despite MS?

  -=- Andrew Klossner   (uunet!tektronix!frip.WV.TEK!andrew)    [UUCP]
                        (andrew%frip.wv.tek.com@relay.cs.net)   [ARPA]

steveha@microsoft.UUCP (Steve HASTINGS) (05/17/91)

In article <10805@orca.wv.tek.com> andrew@frip.wv.tek.com writes:
>When I run Microsoft Word 5.5, I want my screen to look just like it
>did ten years ago: amber characters on a black background.  But the
>^%$# color preferences menu won't let me change text color!  Does
>anybody know of a to change my text color despite MS?

I just selected Utilities Customize Preferences Colors, and set "Window
Background" to black and "Font 10.5 to 12 Points" to amber, and got
exactly the effect you want.  What's the problem?

My guess is that you didn't realize that there is not one, but many text
color choices, based upon the point size, italics, bold, and whatever.
Microsoft Word uses colors to indicate attributes of characters, so you
probably should only set the most common point size to amber as I did
above.

Since Microsoft Word 5.5 is not a windows-based product (even though it has
a Windows-style interface) I have redirected followups to: comp.os.msdos.apps
--
Steve "I don't speak for Microsoft" Hastings    ===^=== :::::
uunet!microsoft!steveha  steveha@microsoft.uucp    ` \\==|