[comp.windows.ms] ATM & Ventura Publisher

gregg@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Theodore Gregg) (05/08/91)

	I can't get Ventura Publisher to work when ATM is running. This
happened after I installed a bunch of fonts into ATM. I think the problem
stems from differences in the ATM.INI file and the WFNTLOOK.UP file but I
don't know what needs to be changed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

\ Theodore W. Gregg        | The most endangered species- the honest man, /
\ MACC-Operations          | Will still survive annihilation.             /
\ 1210 W. Dayton St.       | Forming a world state of integrity,          /
\ Madison, WI 53715        | Sensistive, open, and strong.                /
\ gregg@macc.wisc.edu      |                                   (N. Peart) /

indra@brahms.amd.com (Indra Singhal) (05/20/91)

gregg@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Theodore Gregg) writes:

>	I can't get Ventura Publisher to work when ATM is running. This
>happened after I installed a bunch of fonts into ATM. I think the problem
>stems from differences in the ATM.INI file and the WFNTLOOK.UP file but I
>don't know what needs to be changed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to go in to File/Manage Width Table and manually select 'Use
Environment Table' (or something worded similar to that). That will pull
up any new installed fonts into the width table.

I fired up VP to verify but VP in Windows is too buggy for my liking, I
need to re-install it. Customer support ended after 60 days but bugs
linger on... [I am sore...]

--
iNDRA | indra@amd.com or {ames apple uunet}!amd!indra