[comp.windows.ms] Help-book?

ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Gerald Greenberg) (05/19/91)

I am looking for a book to help explain the ins and outs of
Windows 3.  The manual is complete, but not always that clear
or easy to get through.  Anybody out there find one they like?
Completeness is good, but readability is important too.
Thanks,
Gerry
ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu

landers@zeus.mgmt.purdue.edu (Christopher Landers) (05/21/91)

In article <1991May19.000357.12605@rodan.acs.syr.edu> ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Gerald Greenberg) writes:
>I am looking for a book to help explain the ins and outs of
>Windows 3.

Manuals by the QUE Corporation (division McMillian) generally are leaps ahead
of the vendors' originals.  This is especially true of Microsoft manuals which
are written in a reference look-up style rather than a function tutorial style.

Call 800/....  oops, can't seem to find it, I'll post it later.

QUE manuals are also available from most computer stores and bookstores
carrying computer books (they all have a black cover).

I have found the WinWord and Excel manuals quite useful.

--
   || Christopher Landers           || PURDUE UNIVERSITY - KRAN 708 ||