[comp.windows.ms] ?? image file to .BMP converter

root@becca.rain.com (courtney meissen) (04/17/91)

Does anyone know of a utility to convert various image file formats
(.PCX or .TIF) to .BMP for Windows?

We actually have all our images in .SCF file format (since we use RIX
toolworks scan/paint software), but we can convert from .SCF to something
more popular with TGL+ (The Graphics Link Plus).

Ultimately we want to import 256 color .BMP images to Spinnaker Plus
(it only allows 16 color .PCX images).

Any help, shareware or commercial product, appreciated.  Please email
since I am not on the net often enough to read things before they expire..
 Courtney Meissen

 courtney@becca.rain.com
  ..!{uunet,qiclab,intelhf,bucket}!m2xenix!becca!courtney

n221dc@tamuts.tamu.edu (David Clark) (04/26/91)

In article <18ff3419.ARN15df@becca.rain.com> m2xenix!becca!courtney writes:

>Does anyone know of a utility to convert various image file formats
>(.PCX or .TIF) to .BMP for Windows?
>
>Any help, shareware or commercial product, appreciated.  Please email
>since I am not on the net often enough to read things before they expire..
> Courtney Meissen
>
> courtney@becca.rain.com
>  ..!{uunet,qiclab,intelhf,bucket}!m2xenix!becca!courtney

For any other interested parties - the $149.00???? program PictureEze
from Application Techniques, Inc. (1-800-433-5201) is a windows' program
that converts between many graphic formats including PCX, BMP, SC?, TIF,
WPG, DIB, and WPG.

                                david clark

dennisw@tekig7.MAP.TEK.COM (Dennis G Ward) (04/26/91)

Another program to convert between .BMP .TIF .GIF .PCX Mac etc. is Grafworks.
The public domain stuff was posted to comp.binaries.ibm.pc a few months back...
--
Dennis Ward, dennisw@tekig7.MAP.TEK.COM, 19-090, (503)627-3525 FAX 503-627-4310

tj@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (Terry Jones) (04/27/91)

The program Graphic WorkShop is shareware and available on cica.cica.indiana.edu
in the /pub/pc/win3/util (or is it graphics?) area. It is NOT a
Windows program, but works fine in Windows and comes with its own icon etc.
Registration is $35 I think, or you can read a $6 pocket book and send them
a review as registration (I did that... not too bad a novel).

bjorn@valhalla.esd.sgi.com (Bjorn Lindstrom) (04/30/91)

In article <1862@tekig7.MAP.TEK.COM>, dennisw@tekig7.MAP.TEK.COM (Dennis G Ward) writes:
|> Another program to convert between .BMP .TIF .GIF .PCX Mac etc. is Grafworks.
|> The public domain stuff was posted to comp.binaries.ibm.pc a few months back...
|> --
|> Dennis Ward, ...

I just got VPIC41, and it now supports the above conversions (except Mac) as
well.  Driver support is good too, including VESA.

Bjorn

"I am NOT the poop-stain on the panties of life!"

dave@kharma (05/22/91)

dennisw@tekig7.MAP.TEK.COM (Dennis G Ward) writes:

> Another program to convert between .BMP .TIF .GIF .PCX Mac etc. is Grafworks.
> The public domain stuff was posted to comp.binaries.ibm.pc a few months back.
> --
> Dennis Ward, dennisw@tekig7.MAP.TEK.COM, 19-090, (503)627-3525 FAX 503-627-43

...and has since been upgraded at least twice by the authors that I know of
for a certainty. Further testing of the product reveals that it will convert
your aging step-mother into a Bitmap, if you so desire, however this is an
undocumented feature in the program. Actually, the program will convert damned
near anything into anything else. Plus there are more and better features
(including a wide variety of gray-shade routines) which come if you register
the shareware version. Plus even a ten year old can read the documentation
that comes with the reg. users version. It's nice.

isc-br!tau-ceti!dogear!kharma!dave [dave@kharma] Dave Laird, SysOp: kharma
    The Computer Concern,  Springdale, WA  258-7109 or 1-800-786-7109
  kharma: 509-233-8474 (Local from Spokane Area)  24hrs  1200-14400 (HST)