[comp.windows.ms] Graphics in Words for Windows

lchan@bmerh416.BNR.CA (Linda Chan) (05/11/91)

I have captured the screen layout by using PRINTSCREEN key into
Clipboard.  After I paste
the content of Clipboard into Word for Windows, the picture is not very
readable.  The writing
is all dark and the printout is not readable.  What am I doing wrong?
Is there any special
commands that I need to paste the captured screen from Clipboard into
Words?  Maybe there are
special requirements in installing Words for such graphics/picture?
Please email or post
any experience, ideas or suggestions you may have.  Thank you!

Linda Chan      |  Bell-Northern Research Ltd.    | My opinions aren't
(613)-765-2458  |  P.O. Box 3511 Station C        | necessarily BNR's,
lchan@bnr.ca    |  Ottawa, Ont. CANADA K1Y 4H7    | or vice versa.

carl@p4tustin.UUCP (Carl W. Bergerson) (05/22/91)

lchan@bmerh416.BNR.CA (Linda Chan) writes:
> I have captured the screen layout by using PRINTSCREEN key into
> Clipboard.  After I paste
> the content of Clipboard into Word for Windows, the picture is not very
> readable. . . .

The trick here is to configure your monitor as a monochrome VGA
(you are using VGA, aren't you? 8-) ) before Printscreening to the
clipboard. Then paste the clipboaard into w4w. You'll be amazed
at the differnce this makes.

After you have captured all your graphics this way you can reconfigure
back to a color monitor and you will not lose any detail in the
w4w document.

If this answer has been posted before, I apologize but this news
only got here today a mere 10 days since it was posted.

Carl

--
Carl Bergerson                                           uunet!p4tustin!carl
Point 4 Data Corporation                                     carl@point4.com