[comp.windows.ms] Typing with mouse

mpj@jyu.fi (Markku Jaatinen) (05/22/91)

A friend of mine has a problem with Windows 3.0. She's handicapped but
quite willing to use computer. She is unable to work with keyboard but
mouse is OK.

Are there any PD, SW or commercial solutions to type text into Windows
3.0 using mouse only ?

thanks in advance

Markku Jaatinen
Jyvaskyla, Finland
Internet e-mail: mpj@tukki.jyu.fi

mph@hp835.mitek.com (Mike Hare) (05/22/91)

In article <1991May22.060355.21797@jyu.fi> mpj@jyu.fi (Markku Jaatinen) writes:
>A friend of mine has a problem with Windows 3.0. She's handicapped but
>quite willing to use computer. She is unable to work with keyboard but
>mouse is OK.
>
>Are there any PD, SW or commercial solutions to type text into Windows
>3.0 using mouse only ?

One os the last jobs I had was at the
"Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Crippled Children"
(now just "Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children")  We didn't
see these children as 'crippled', just physically challanged..
Anyway.. I worked in the Research Department and one of the projects
we worked on was interface devices for a computer.  We came across
a word processing package that used a mouse, but didn't run under windows..
The other project involved using a second computer to input text to
the first computer (using a mouse, trackball, etc..) at the DOS level
so it could be used with any package..  You might try them at
(214) 559-7877 and ask for David Ross, he was the main deveolper for
this project.. He is a nice guy and might be able to help you :)

Address:
    Texas Scottish Rite Hospital
    Research Department
    2222 Welborn