[comp.windows.ms] Gemini Driver

Dave.DeGear@f22.n681.z89.onebdos.UUCP (Dave DeGear) (05/16/91)

 > Go ask your grandma if she still has the Windows
 > version 1.0 ;->  You'll
 > find there the SG10.DRV, which will do the job,
 > although with the problems
 > associated with using the applications made for older
 > versions of Windows

A friend also has this problem.  I was able to get the
driver but I don't know what you mean by :

 > (ie. you will have to retouch it for Windows 3.0 using
 > the MARK.EXE from

What is MARK.EXE?  I haven't found it on any of the WINDOWS 3.0 disks.
Is SDK S? Development Kit?  If so, is there anything one can do without it; if
not then what is it?

                         ...Dave

--- TosScan 1.00
 * Origin: Dave DeGear, Nanaimo - Vancouver Island - B.C. (89:681/22)
--
        Dave DeGear - via IMEx node 89:681/1
        Dave.DeGear@f22.n681.z89.onebdos.UUCP

backman@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Bruce A Backman) (05/22/91)

In article <8272.28322EFB@onebdos.oneb.wimsey.bc.ca> Dave.DeGear writes:

> > Go ask your grandma if she still has the Windows
> > version 1.0 ;->  You'll
> > find there the SG10.DRV, which will do the job,
> > although with the problems
> > associated with using the applications made for older
> > versions of Windows
>
>A friend also has this problem.  I was able to get the
>driver
 <stuff deleted>
>        Dave DeGear - via IMEx node 89:681/1
>        Dave.DeGear@f22.n681.z89.onebdos.UUCP

Sorry for the extra me-too traffic, but I was unable to mail to Mr. DeGear.
If anyone could email me the driver mentioned above, or could point me to
the author of the message Mr. DeGear quotes above, I would be very grateful.
I don't see the original message which is quoted.  Mr. DeGears post also
asks about what MARK.EXE is (used to clean up the aforementioned driver). I
guess I would need that information too.

Thank you for your patience and thanks in advance for any help.

Bruce Backman
backman@csd4.csd.uwm.edu
I would have a really impressive signature, but my AutoPen is in the
shop.

bill@oracle.SCG.HAC.COM (Bill Neisius) (05/23/91)

         > Go ask your grandma if she still has the Windows
         > version 1.0 ;->  You'll
         > find there the SG10.DRV, which will do the job,
         > although with the problems
         > associated with using the applications made for older
         > versions of Windows

        A friend also has this problem.  I was able to get the
        driver...

I'm very interested in getting a copy of SG10.DRV.  If you could
uuencode it and email it to me, it would be greatly appreciated.

            ...but I don't know what you mean by :

         > (ie. you will have to retouch it for Windows 3.0 using
         > the MARK.EXE from

        What is MARK.EXE?  I haven't found it on any of the WINDOWS 3.0 disks.
        Is SDK S? Development Kit?  If so, is there anything one can do without it; if
        not then what is it?

MARKE.EXE is probably the program I know of as MARK30.EXE - a utility that
marks old Windows applications so that they will run under Windows 3.0.  You
can probably get it from cica.cica; if not I'd be happy to email it to you.

Bill Neisius
bill@solaria.hac.com