[comp.windows.ms] Dynacomm.zip

gottlieb@umbc5.umbc.edu (Robert Gottlieb) (05/22/91)

Hi all,

I'm looking for a file called dynacomm.zip or something like that.
I've tried using winqvt, unicomm and terminal and have been
displeased with all of them.  I have Procomm Plus for my XT, but
for the 386 I can't seem to get it to run in Enhanced Mode.
(Any help on that would be appreciated).  I found out about another
communications package from a BBS local to me, unfortunately I
don't have enough access (nor can I get enough) to download it.
(Very frustrating).  So basically if anyone can tell me of an
ftp site or if you have it, can you uuencode it and email it
to me, that would be great!  Thanks in advance.

/*  Robert Allen Gottlieb              Internet:  gottlieb@umbc5.umbc.edu */
/*  							    Bitnet:    gottlieb@umbc2.umbc.edu */
/* "It is better to be pissed off than pissed on."                        */
/*  These opinions herein are not that of UMBC, but that of Jr, my cat,   */
/*  and me.                                                               */

tmottonen@cc.helsinki.fi (Teemu J. M|tt|nen) (05/22/91)

In article <1991May22.025044.3136@umbc3.umbc.edu>, gottlieb@umbc5.umbc.edu (Robert Gottlieb) writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for a file called dynacomm.zip or something like that.
[...]
    Isn't Dynacomm a commercial program ?

    BTW, is there a demo of Microsoft Project for Windows ? I
    checked the demo directory but found nothing. Or, are the
    Free Working Models available via FTP somewhere ?

    Teemu.
--
    Teemu Mottonen / Department of Computer Science / University of Helsinki
    tmottonen@cc.helsinki.fi | TMOTTONEN@FINUH | tmottone@kruuna.helsinki.fi

berenson@cookie.enet.dec.com (Hal Berenson) (05/22/91)

In article <1991May22.025044.3136@umbc3.umbc.edu>, gottlieb@umbc5.umbc.edu (Robert Gottlieb) writes...
>I'm looking for a file called dynacomm.zip or something like that.
>I've tried using winqvt, unicomm and terminal and have been
>displeased with all of them.  I have Procomm Plus for my XT, but

DYNACOMM is not shareware, it is (expensive) commercial software.  I
called them and got a demo disk which installed nicely but wouldn't work
with my hardware configuration (A COM4 but no COM3).  I called them about
it, and they basically said "sorry, it's Microsoft's Problem".  So, I
deinstalled the demo version and went off and contacted DCA about
Crosstalk for Windows.  DCA has already addressed the problem that
Windows has with COM3 and COM4, and they've just announced V1.2 of
Crosstalk for Windows.  The new version addresses my basic reason for not
looking at their product originally (I want support for DEC terminals
with LK201 keyboards and V1.1 stopped at VT102 support) and supports all
the popular transfer protocols.   I've asked a number of questions of
DCA's technical support people through their Compuserve Forum, and
received fast responses.  One such response was a confirmation that
Crosstalk for Windows *will* work on my hardware configuration.

Crosstalk for Windows V1.2 starts shipping in 2-3 weeks, and copy will
make its way to my house.  I believe list price is $195, but I've found
it listed in mail-order adds for $115-$125.

Hal Berenson

Home: 71640.3535@compuserve.com  OR  oldcolo!berenson@csn.org
Work: berenson@cookie.enet.dec.com

-- Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are my own, not my employer's! If
I happen to communicate with you from work rather than home, its just
for convenience (just like asking for a "daytime phone number") and should
not be construed as representing the views of my employer or its
employees, officers, directors, or stockholders. --

ckinsman@yoda.eecs.wsu.edu (Chris Kinsman) (05/23/91)

In article <1991May22.025044.3136@umbc3.umbc.edu> gottlieb@umbc5.umbc.edu (Robert Gottlieb) writes:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm looking for a file called dynacomm.zip or something like that.
>I've tried using winqvt, unicomm and terminal and have been
>displeased with all of them.  I have Procomm Plus for my XT, but
Dynacomm is a commercial communications package by FutureSoft Engineering.

Chris
`

--
Chris Kinsman  					KINSMAN@WSUVM1