[comp.windows.ms] Stretched text in Dataproducts LZR1260

ash@mlacus.oz (Ash Nallawalla) (05/24/91)

We have a DataProducts LZR1260 PostScript printer that appears to
print correctly from XyWrite Plus and from Quattro.  Anything printed
from a Windows 3.0 application, e.g. Write, CorelDRAW, Paintbrush, WinWord
etc is stretched vertically.

Has anyone else struck this problem?  Is the original Win 3.0 PSCRIPT.DRV
driver faulty?

Is the printer (this unit only) faulty -- it was mainly used in the HP
LaserJet+ emulation mode before, where we used to load it with soft fonts.
They could be used by only one print job--the next job would just not see
the soft fonts.

Ash Nallawalla		Tel: +61 3 550-1638 BH; Fax +61 3 742-4566 (Home)
ZL4LM/VK3CIT		Postal: P.O. Box 539, Werribee VIC 3030, Australia
ash@mlacus.oz.au, ash@csource.oz.au	Fidonet: 3:635/508

ccmk@lure.latrobe.edu.au (05/25/91)

In article <775@mlacus.oz>, ash@mlacus.oz (Ash Nallawalla) writes:
> We have a DataProducts LZR1260 PostScript printer that appears to
> print correctly from XyWrite Plus and from Quattro.  Anything printed
> from a Windows 3.0 application, e.g. Write, CorelDRAW, Paintbrush, WinWord
> etc is stretched vertically.
>
> Has anyone else struck this problem?  Is the original Win 3.0 PSCRIPT.DRV
> driver faulty?

The only time this happens with ours is when PostScript uses the
Apple LaserWriter page size of Letter, which is not on most PS printers.
Perhaps the solution under Windows 3 (which we use with our Dataproducts
with no problem) is to select Dataproducts from the PS driver set.

Mark Kosten