[comp.windows.ms] Resetting packet driver in WinQVT/Net?

swh@hpcupt1.cup.hp.com (Steve Harrold) (05/24/91)

Resetting packet driver in WinQVT/Net
=====================================

Does anyone know how to reset the packet driver and PKTINT program
when WinQVT/Net dies (terminates with "Unrecoverable Application Error")?

I know WinQVT is not supposed to die with a UAE, but whenever it does, it's
not possible to simply restart it.  In those situations, it always gives
a message something like "the packet driver is already in use", and it
refuses to reset it.  I end up having to reboot the PC.

I'm using WinQVT version 1.63, with the 3C501 driver from the Clarkson
collection.

news@unixg.ubc.ca (Usenet News Maintenance) (05/28/91)

In article <67620014@hpcupt1.cup.hp.com> swh@hpcupt1.cup.hp.com (Steve Harrold) writes:
>Resetting packet driver in WinQVT/Net
>=====================================
>
>Does anyone know how to reset the packet driver and PKTINT program
>when WinQVT/Net dies (terminates with "Unrecoverable Application Error")?
>
>collection.

Rebooting is the only way around it that I've found.

In article <67620014@hpcupt1.cup.hp.com> swh@hpcupt1.cup.hp.com (Steve Harrold) writes:

   Does anyone know how to reset the packet driver and PKTINT program
   when WinQVT/Net dies (terminates with "Unrecoverable Application Error")?

Use termin -s.  That forces all handles to be released, including
those held by WinQVT/Net.  :) It will also drop your Novell session.  :(

--
--russ <nelson@clutx.clarkson.edu> I'm proud to be a humble Quaker.
Clear cutting is criminal, spiking trees is criminal, and using hyperbole of

nice1.ne.rpi.edu (Y. Danon) (05/28/91)

In article <1991May27.171452.25844@unixg.ubc.ca> news@unixg.ubc.ca (Usenet News Maintenance) writes:

>In article <67620014@hpcupt1.cup.hp.com> swh@hpcupt1.cup.hp.com (Steve Harrold) writes:
>>Resetting packet driver in WinQVT/Net
>>=====================================
>>
>>Does anyone know how to reset the packet driver and PKTINT program
>>when WinQVT/Net dies (terminates with "Unrecoverable Application Error")?
>>
>>collection.
>
>Rebooting is the only way around it that I've found.

nice1.ne.rpi.edu (Y. Danon) (05/28/91)

In article <1991May27.171452.25844@unixg.ubc.ca> news@unixg.ubc.ca (Usenet News Maintenance) writes:

>In article <67620014@hpcupt1.cup.hp.com> swh@hpcupt1.cup.hp.com (Steve Harrold) writes:
>>Resetting packet driver in WinQVT/Net
>>
>>Does anyone know how to reset the packet driver and PKTINT program
>>when WinQVT/Net dies (terminates with "Unrecoverable Application Error")?
>>
>>collection.
>
>Rebooting is the only way around it that I've found.

I use the windows driveres from cica, and load the MARK program
first. when I need to reset, I must exit windows and use RELEASE
and then run 3c.bat which reinstalls the drivers and back to win /3.