[comp.windows.ms] DayBook included with win3?

hugh@slee01.srl.ford.com (Hugh Fader) (05/26/91)

The Microsoft Windows Q&A book included with Windows 3.0 mentions a
program called DayBook. I can't find it anywhere on the distribution
diskettes or in the install directory. Does anybody know anything about
this?

--
Hugh Fader
hugh@slee01.srl.ford.com

demon@hubcap.clemson.edu (demon) (05/26/91)

In article <42713@fmsrl7.UUCP>, hugh@slee01.srl.ford.com (Hugh Fader) writes:
> The Microsoft Windows Q&A book included with Windows 3.0 mentions a
> program called DayBook. I can't find it anywhere on the distribution
> diskettes or in the install directory. Does anybody know anything about
> this?
>
> --
> Hugh Fader
> hugh@slee01.srl.ford.com

Hugh,

     Did you buy windows alone or with a computer in an educationsal
offering? Well, it does not really matter Microsoft includes Daybook
with it's run-time version of Toolbook that was included in the box with
Windows. Daybook is just an example of an app that can be written with
Toolbook. There is no documentation for it. It is just to show you what
you can do with Toolbook. You will have to buy Toolbook if that is what
you are getting at.

Bob Staaf

markv@hls.com (05/28/91)

In article <42713@fmsrl7.UUCP>, hugh@slee01.srl.ford.com (Hugh Fader) writes:
> The Microsoft Windows Q&A book included with Windows 3.0 mentions a
> program called DayBook. I can't find it anywhere on the distribution
> diskettes or in the install directory. Does anybody know anything about
> this?
>
> --
> Hugh Fader
> hugh@slee01.srl.ford.com

Hugh,

Sometime ago, Microsoft included the runtime version of Toolbook and an
example application called DayBook with every Windows 3.0 sold. This is
no longer the case, but the manual, as you've observed, still mentions it.

In my opinion, DayBook is cute, but way to slow to be practical. It is also
almost, but not quite, entirely incompatible with the way I want to work.
--
Mark van der Pol | "We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty"
 markv@hls.com   |Vroom Vrondel, spokesman for the association of Sages, Illum-