[comp.windows.ms] Kermit problems

burhans@mizar.usc.edu (Mustang Sally) (05/29/91)

In article <1991May27.084523.8134@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu> jprice@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Jeffrey R Price) writes:
>I recently received my registered copy of WinQVT (4.66) and had noted
>some of the problems of the original poster.
>Other problems I found include:
>     - Kermit file transfer only works when the host has a really GOOD version
>       of kermit.  Unix hosts work well.  IBM and Prime....forget it.
>
>Jeff Price     "jprice@prime.cob.ohio-state.edu"

I have had problems doing kermit transfers between Primes and my PC ever
since I started using Crosstalk for Windows. I get duplicated letters and
files way larger than they are supposed to be. The file percent transfered
indicator goes right through the 100% and keeps on going. This
used to work with Procomm but when I got Procomm v 2.0 I can't make
it work that way either. I *can* do kermit transfers from unix just fine
but why would I when I can do zmodem?

--
Jackie Burhans (burhans@usc.edu)
Data Stylist, USC Student Affairs