[comp.windows.ms] Manual load of Windows PostScript Header. WHY ????

rehne@daimi.aau.dk (Soren Rehne) (05/22/91)

I'm using a QMS 410 PostScript Printer with Windows!

QUESTION:

Why do I have to load the Windows Postscript Header manualy ?

Could'nt this be done automaticly ?

Thanks

Soren Rehne

kensy@microsoft.UUCP (Ken SYKES) (05/29/91)

In article <1991May22.095653.5564@daimi.aau.dk> rehne@daimi.aau.dk (Soren Rehne) writes:
>I'm using a QMS 410 PostScript Printer with Windows!
>
>QUESTION:
>
>Why do I have to load the Windows Postscript Header manualy ?
>
>Could'nt this be done automaticly ?
>
>Thanks
>
>Soren Rehne

You shouldn't HAVE to download the header manually unless you set the
header option to "Already Downloaded" from the printer setup box.

The reason you would want to download the header manually is to save
print time.  If you download it once when the printer is turned on
you can save the download time of ~6K of PostScript code everytime
you print something.  It is especially noticable for short text
documents.

Ken Sykes
Disclaimer: The above opinions are solely my own.