[comp.windows.ms] W4W: landscape tables in an otherwise portrait mode doc ?

cm@jet.uucp (colin manning) (05/29/91)

I have a document with a wide table that I do not want to split into
multiple tables in order to fit on the page.

Is it possible to print out a table in landscape mode, but with everything
else within the document coming out in portrait mode, as normal. I.e, I
want to put the table on its side.
--
- Colin Manning, cm%jet.uucp@ukc.ac.uk (world) OR cm@jet.uucp (UK only)
- Disclaimer: Please note that the above is a personal view and should not

gg2@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Guy Gallo) (05/30/91)

In article <1991May29.095440.26902@jet.uucp> cm@jet.uucp (colin manning) writes:
>I have a document with a wide table that I do not want to split into
>multiple tables in order to fit on the page.
>
>Is it possible to print out a table in landscape mode, but with everything
>else within the document coming out in portrait mode, as normal. I.e, I
>want to put the table on its side.
>--
>- Colin Manning, cm%jet.uucp@ukc.ac.uk (world) OR cm@jet.uucp (UK only)
>- Disclaimer: Please note that the above is a personal view and should not
>  be construed as an official comment from the JET project.

I believe a macro was included with version 1.1a of WinWord (in examples.doc
or macros.doc) that inserted a section break before and after the area to be
printed in landscape -- and then printed the document.

It's awkward.

Let's hope they fix it in the next release.