[comp.windows.ms] PostScrip printing from w4w

cnbr17@vaxa.strath.ac.uk (05/30/91)

n-look
In article <8klhfan@rpi.edu>, nice1.ne.rpi.edu (Y. Danon) writes:

> I am using word for windows and printing my documents to a file
> using the LaserWriter driver. The file crated is than printed
> on a sun IPC running newsprint. The problem is that the print
> out doesnt have the right right fromat in tables and equations
> the underline is also not spaced right too.
> Is this a problem with the newsprint or the postscript sent
> to the Laserwriter and news print should be diffrent.
>
> Copying the file to the LaserWriter gives the right output
> and useing Pageview in openwin gives the wrong format just
> like the printed output
>
> Any help if welcomed.

We have seen the same problem here -- changing the PostScript driver under
Windows doesn't seem to make any difference; we have tried four or five
different drivers to no avail.

I know that NewsPrint is very particular about the PostScript it accepts --
it has to conform to the Document Structuring Standards defined by Adobe;
however, what's happening here seems to be a font problem or some such. Any
pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Peter Duffy.

Peter Duffy           |JANET:   p.duffy@uk.ac.strath.vaxa
EEE Dept.             |Internet:p.duffy%vaxa.strath.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk