[comp.windows.ms] mouse causing strange screen behaviour

varmint@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Samir Varma) (05/29/91)

 I am having a problem with windows and the mouse.  Specifically, whenever I
move the mouse, it leaves behind a string of dots of various colours, most
often green or black.  After a while, these dots are all over the screen.
Sometimes, even when windows starts, it has a few dots already on the
screen and these multiply as the mouse moves.  The system is - 386/25 clone,
with a Logitech mouse and Logitech driver v4.10, 8 megs of RAM and a
DFI - 2000 VGA card with 512k of RAM (this has the Trident chip).  I
would appreciate anyones help in solving this problem.  If the answer is
obvious, I apologize, I am new to the game.
Thanks,
Samir Varma

ebergman@isis.cs.du.edu (Eric Bergman-Terrell) (05/29/91)

I have the same problem with the mouse leaving stray pixels in its wake.  I
believe that it's caused by my graphics card being sick...

Terrell

vsarkela@csc.fi (05/31/91)

In article <1991May29.042148.27490@mnemosyne.cs.du.edu>,
ebergman@isis.cs.du.edu (Eric Bergman-Terrell) writes:

> I have the same problem with the mouse leaving stray pixels in its wake.  I
> believe that it's caused by my graphics card being sick...
>
> Terrell

I have seen this with a DOS program. The author of the program explained, that
it is the mouse driver, which is causing it, if yor video mode is 800x600.
He said that there are no problems with Microsoft mouse (I have not tried
MS mouse, so I can't be sure - I have Genius mouse).

Vesa Sarkela