[comp.windows.ms] BOCA BOARD doesn't have documentation to convert.

bgebby@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Brian P Gebby) (05/31/91)

Thanks for the help with my memory board but I scoured the documentation
and it talked nothing   about the hardware ability to convert EMS to XM.
How can I convert expanded memory on a BOCA AT PLUS board into extended
memory?

Brian Gebby                     | "The computer is like an Old Testament God,
bgebby@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu|  lots of rules and little mercy." --
aj583@po.cwru.edu               |                    John Campbell.

user2@cgevs3.cem.msu.edu (Stephen Medlin) (06/02/91)

In article <1991May31.154334.13413@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>, bgebby@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Brian P Gebby) writes:
>Thanks for the help with my memory board but I scoured the documentation
>and it talked nothing   about the hardware ability to convert EMS to XM.
>How can I convert expanded memory on a BOCA AT PLUS board into extended
>memory?
>
>Brian Gebby                     | "The computer is like an Old Testament God,
>bgebby@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu|  lots of rules and little mercy." --
>aj583@po.cwru.edu               |                    John Campbell.
Brian,
	There are two setup utilites that came with the board.  One of them is
Install (?) while the other is the advanced install (My mind is like a sieve
and I'm not home to check the actual name of the setup program).  Once you run
the advanced setup you will see a menu appear listing all the parameters.  You
will just assign the memory to extended.  If you need this setup, let me know
and I will email it to you.  Sorry that I am not specific, but it is VERY
simple to do -- the set up is fairly self-explanatory.

Stephen Medlin
medln@cemvax.cem.msu.edu

bob@MorningStar.Com (Bob Sutterfield) (06/03/91)

   Newsgroups: comp.windows.ms,comp.windows.misc
   From: bgebby@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Brian P Gebby)
   Subject: BOCA BOARD doesn't have documentation to convert.
   Date: Fri, 31 May 1991 15:43:34 GMT

What does this have to do with window systems in general?  Please keep
MS Windows-specific discussions in comp.windows.ms!