[comp.windows.ms] Resource editor from hDC

peterhe@microsoft.UUCP (Peter HENRIKSEN) (05/31/91)

Somebody mentioned that he believed hDC markets a resource editor that can
be used to change the icon in an .exe file.

Does anybody know the name of this potentially great product and how much
it is?

Thankz In Advance.
---
Peter Henriksen, Microsoft International Product Group
Redmond, WA

victor@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Victor Menayang) (06/03/91)

In article <72691@microsoft.UUCP> peterhe@microsoft.UUCP (Peter Henriksen) writes:
>Somebody mentioned that he believed hDC markets a resource editor that can
>be used to change the icon in an .exe file.
>
>Does anybody know the name of this potentially great product and how much
>it is?
>
>Thankz In Advance.
>---
>Peter Henriksen, Microsoft International Product Group
>Redmond, WA

Of course, the Whitewater Resource Toolkit can do this.

--
Victor Menayang         victor@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Internet)
                                           vm@UTXVM (BITNET)

ebergman@isis.cs.du.edu (Eric Bergman-Terrell) (06/03/91)

Don't know about hDC's resource editor (if there is one), but Whitewater's
Resource Toolkit ($200.00 - but bundled with BC++ 2.0) will do icons,
bitmaps, dialog boxes, cursors, strings, and menus.  It will not do
RCDATA or user defined resources.

I don't have whitewater's number handy, but get hold of "Windows Shopping",
which is included with MS Windows (or was).

Terrell

val@hp-lsd.COS.HP.COM (Val Walker) (06/03/91)

    hDC has a new Icon product called Icon Designer.  The cost is about $30 from a
    software house.  I have found that it is a good product with on line help.

    However, no hardcopy manual.  I use other hDC products like First Apps.  I
    think they are very good complement to Windows 3.0.

    Val Walker