[comp.windows.ms] HP DeskJet 500 and EXCEL

brannon@tramp.Colorado.EDU (BRANNON JAMES H) (05/30/91)

A while ago there were some postings regarding a fix for
using Excel with the HP DeskJet 500. Now that I have a
shiny new DJ500, I need this fix. Could someone email this
fix to me? Thanx!

Jim Brannon (brannon@tramp.Colorado.Edu)
CADSWES
University of Colorado, Boulder

schaller@handel.cs.colostate.edu (kevin schaller) (06/01/91)

In <1991May30.035527.27325@colorado.edu> Jim Brannon writes:

>A while ago there were some postings regarding a fix for
>using Excel with the HP DeskJet 500. Now that I have a
>shiny new DJ500, I need this fix. Could someone email this
>fix to me? Thanx!

Could someone e-mail it to me too?  Please!  Thanks in advance!

		--Kevin Schaller

 |   Kevin Schaller                    |    Colorado State University  |
 |   schaller@handel.cs.colostate.edu  |    Fort Collins, Colorado     |

hscohen@cbnewsl.att.com (harvey.s.cohen) (06/03/91)

Since I keep seeing postings requesting this fix, it's probably worth
posting instead of mailing. In WIN.INI, look for the following line:

[DJ500,LPT1]

Directly beneath it, add the following line:

prtresfac=0

If you do not have the line that starts "[DJ500" then you need to
install the Scalable Print Driver for Windows that comes with the
printer.
HP Tech Support (203-323-2551) provides excellent support, including the
answer to this question.

--
	Harvey S. Cohen / att!honet4!hsc || hsc@honet4.ATT.COM
	AT&T Bell Labs / HO 3B532 / 908 949 0173

nate@hplvec.LVLD.HP.COM (Nathan Berg) (06/04/91)

> In <1991May30.035527.27325@colorado.edu> Jim Brannon writes:
>
> >A while ago there were some postings regarding a fix for
> >using Excel with the HP DeskJet 500. Now that I have a
> >shiny new DJ500, I need this fix. Could someone email this
> >fix to me? Thanx!
>
> Could someone e-mail it to me too?  Please!  Thanks in advance!
> 		--Kevin Schaller
In WIN.INI, in the [DJ500,?????] section, add the following line:
prtresfac=0

hope this helps!
Nathan
Nathan Berg                              Measurement Systems Operation R&D Lab
nathan_berg@hpisla.lvld.hp.com           Hewlett-Packard, CU-325
[ihnp4|hplabs]!hpislx!nate               815 14th Street Southwest
(303) 679-2424                           P.O. Box 301
FAX (303) 679-5957                       Loveland, CO  80537  USA

<PARLIAME@QUCDN.QueensU.CA> (06/04/91)

I also have experienced the EXCEL - DJ500 conflict.  I thought it must just
be how I set EXCEL up.  Can you please also include me in the solutions
mailing.  (Now this is a case where a toll free support line would be
applicable, but by who?)  HP DJ500 was listed in an add as the only printer
for Windows 3.0.

Len Parliament,
Parliame@QUCDN.QueensU.CA
Kingston, Ont.