[comp.windows.ms] Asymetrix Daybook question

s907396@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au (Miramar [Eugene Mok]) (06/04/91)

With regards to the Asymetrix Daybook which came with the earlier
copies of Windows 3. It ran at a snail's pace but I heard Asymetrix
released another copy of it which was faster. Has anyone heard of this?
Or is it just another piece of nonsense I picked up? If such a beast
exists and if it's legal can someone mail me a copy or point me to
an ftp site where I can get it?

I have written to Microsoft Australia about this but that was last
month's history not that I'm surprised. :)

Thanks a lot... from a happy Windows and Desqview user...

--
-----/ _ _ \--------------------------------------------------------------------
     | o o |    Eugene Mok  s907396@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au  (Melbourne OZ)
     \  ^  /
------\ o /---------------------------------------------------------------------

laughner@darwin.cc.nd.edu (Tom Laughner) (06/04/91)

In article <1991Jun3.172807.3766@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au> s907396@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au (Miramar [Eugene Mok]) writes:

>With regards to the Asymetrix Daybook which came with the earlier
>copies of Windows 3. It ran at a snail's pace but I heard Asymetrix
>released another copy of it which was faster. Has anyone heard of this?
>Or is it just another piece of nonsense I picked up? If such a beast
>exists and if it's legal can someone mail me a copy or point me to
>an ftp site where I can get it?
>
>I have written to Microsoft Australia about this but that was last
>month's history not that I'm surprised. :)
>
>Thanks a lot... from a happy Windows and Desqview user...
>

>--
>-----/ _ _ \--------------------------------------------------------------------
>     | o o |    Eugene Mok  s907396@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au  (Melbourne OZ)
>     \  ^  /
>------\ o /---------------------------------------------------------------------

Asymetrix has released Toolbook 1.5, which is apparently faster than ver.
1.0.  Upgrade price for registered users is $75 (call 1-800-626-3225).
They have a survey that if you fill it out upgrade is $65.

They have also released a new version of Daybook.  Upgrade cost is $10.
Call the above number to order.

tj@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (Terry Jones) (06/05/91)

They send me a daybook demo disk of version 1.5 of daybook. It seems faster
alright. Can't give a quantitative value of how much.

There is an upgrade to this version of Daybook for $10 and for the
Toolbook development package for $75.