[comp.windows.ms] Faxing from Windows

lkdg8281@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Larry Keith Dipboye) (05/30/91)

Yet another question.  I currently use bitfax with a send-only modem and
I've found that it won't work in enhanced mode from windows.  (It sends
at a snails pace which can make me gnaw my fingernails when its an over=
seas fax).  Has anyone seen a for-windows fax soft-ware package?  I seem
to remember stumbling across one several months ago and now I can't remember
where it was.  Any info would be appreciated.

BTW, if anyone knows of a fix for Bitfax, I'd be interested.

ries@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM (Marc Ries) (05/30/91)

->Yet another question.  I currently use bitfax with a send-only modem and
->I've found that it won't work in enhanced mode from windows.  (It sends
->at a snails pace which can make me gnaw my fingernails when its an over=
->seas fax).  Has anyone seen a for-windows fax soft-ware package?  I seem
->to remember stumbling across one several months ago and now I can't remember
->where it was.  Any info would be appreciated.

  I have used WinFax by Delrina for several months and like it alot.
  It does redials and restarts, etc.  Keeps a log and a phone-book.

  Street price is about $45.  It only works with the newer fax-modem
  chip sets (like in my Zoom modem).

  I believe I read where they are upgrading winfax to allow a receive
  capability for send-only faxes (but I may have mis-read this
  in Info World).

hv@uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama) (05/30/91)

In article <1114@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM> ries@venice.sedd.trw.com (Marc Ries) writes:
>  I have used WinFax by Delrina for several months and like it alot.
>  It does redials and restarts, etc.  Keeps a log and a phone-book.

Yes, I like mine, too.

>  Street price is about $45.  It only works with the newer fax-modem
>  chip sets (like in my Zoom modem).
>
>  I believe I read where they are upgrading winfax to allow a receive
>  capability for send-only faxes (but I may have mis-read this
>  in Info World).

I think they are doing it. At least they asked if  it is needed in the
registration card so I think they are planning it  anyway (if it isn't
already in the works). I for one answered that it is needed :)

--
== Harri Valkama, University of Vaasa, Finland ============================
 P.O. Box 700, 65101 VAASA, Finland (tel:+358 61 248426 fax:+358 61 248465)

dyoung@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Donn C Young) (05/30/91)

  I just received a flyer in the mail yesterday for WINFAX 2.0, fax software
  for Windows 3.  It allegedly sends faxes from any Windows appl, receives
  faxes in the background, can rotate images, lets you paste faxes into
  other Windows applications, and is programmable to send faxes to pre-
  defined groups, etc.  The package costs "less than $200" (like $199.95?).
  The wording on the flyer tends to make me think it's currently vaporware
  in that you can't just order it, but they will send you more info if you
  send in a card.  The company advertising WINFAX 2.0 (like there was a 1.0)
  is:
          Delrina Fulfillment Center     (no, they're not in CA!  ;-)
          WINFAX Inquiry
          PO Box 290
          Buffalo, NY  14207-9942
          1-800-766-2850

  Anyone ever hear of these folks or use WINFAX?  I'd like an opinion if
  you have.  Thanks!

  Donn Young, OSU Cancer Center Biostatistics
  dyoung@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu

julien@wsc-sun.boeing.com (William Julien) (06/04/91)

In article <1991May29.213301.339@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, lkdg8281@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Larry Keith Dipboye) writes:
> Yet another question.  I currently use bitfax with a send-only modem and
> I've found that it won't work in enhanced mode from windows.  (It sends
> at a snails pace which can make me gnaw my fingernails when its an over=
> seas fax).  Has anyone seen a for-windows fax soft-ware package?  I seem
> to remember stumbling across one several months ago and now I can't remember
> where it was.  Any info would be appreciated.
>
> BTW, if anyone knows of a fix for Bitfax, I'd be interested.

I just received a flyer from Delrina Technology Inc. They announced a
new version (version 2.0) of WINFAX. They say:
    - It sends faxes directly from any windows application
      without printing or scanning first.
    - It can rotate images so.. " no moew upsidedown or sideways
      faxes on your pc".
    - Paste any fax directly into any windows application.
    - It's programmable: Send faxes to predefined groups. Create
      your own fax phonebook. Create your own header page.
    - "add fax capability to your windows desktop for less than $200"
    - "wysiwyg"

    Their address is:
    Delrina Fulfillment Center
    WINFAX Inquiry
    PO BOX 290
    Buffalo NY 14207-9942

I am not connected with Delrina and have not tried the program.

MASSOUD@auvm.auvm.edu (nadim massoud) (06/05/91)

Does Winfax have support for CAS compatible faxes? I have a GUIS ETFAX 7. (a st
andalone fax that can be hooked up to the PC, via the serial port). Thanks for
your answers.

Massoud%bitnet.auvm@cunyvm.cuny.edu

hv@uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama) (06/06/91)

In article <1845@lago.BOEING.COM> julien@wsc-sun.boeing.com (William Julien) writes:
>I just received a flyer from Delrina Technology Inc. They announced a
>new version (version 2.0) of WINFAX. They say:
>    - It sends faxes directly from any windows application
>      without printing or scanning first.
>    - It can rotate images so.. " no moew upsidedown or sideways
>      faxes on your pc".
>    - Paste any fax directly into any windows application.
>    - It's programmable: Send faxes to predefined groups. Create
>      your own fax phonebook. Create your own header page.
>    - "add fax capability to your windows desktop for less than $200"
>    - "wysiwyg"
>
>    Their address is:
>    Delrina Fulfillment Center
>    WINFAX Inquiry
>    PO BOX 290
>    Buffalo NY 14207-9942
>
>I am not connected with Delrina and have not tried the program.

And I asked them for an upgrade  and they told  me that it  is not yet
available. Not until July.