[comp.windows.ms] New HP Paintjet Driver??

neiger@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au (Neiger) (06/04/91)

I believe that there is a newer version (maybe Beta) of the HP-Paintjet driver
for Win 3.0.

Could someone out there (maybe even from hp.com) please post it to me so that I
can print my fonts in COLOUR!!.

The old paintjet driver will not print colour fonts when using ATM (which is
very frustrating).

Any help will be appreciated.

P.S.   As soon as I get it, I will upload to cica (unless requested otherwise by
the supplier) so do not bombard me with requests to mail it unless you don't
have FTP (in which case I will happily mail it to you)

David
--
David S. Neiger                 |  neiger@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
                                |  neiger@eng2.eng.monash.edu.au
Research Assistant              |  phone:  +61 3 565 4372 (W/H)
Accident Research Centre        |  fax  :  +61 3 571 1894 (By arrangement)
Monash University.  CLAYTON  Vic.  3168.  Australia.

n65j@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (06/07/91)

In article <1991Jun5.010645.86835@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au>,
neiger@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au (Neiger) writes:
> I believe that there is a newer version (maybe Beta) of the HP-Paintjet driver
> for Win 3.0.
>
> Could someone out there (maybe even from hp.com) please post it to me so that I
> can print my fonts in COLOUR!!.
>
> The old paintjet driver will not print colour fonts when using ATM (which is
> very frustrating).
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> P.S.   As soon as I get it, I will upload to cica (unless requested otherwise by
> the supplier) so do not bombard me with requests to mail it unless you don't
> have FTP (in which case I will happily mail it to you)

Hewlett-Packard sells the driver update for $20.  Not sure what it does for
ATM, but it solved my persistent SoftRIP errors when printing from Microsoft
Project and Corel Draw.

HP part number is 03630-10014 (3.5" diskettes).

Don't assume that you can post copyrighted material unless someone specifically
tells you otherwise.  That's backwards.  Seek permission explicitly.

-- Steve Pacenka, Cornell U.