[comp.windows.ms] Help! Panasonic KX-P1124 printer driver file for Windows 3.0 needed

midkiff@leland.Stanford.EDU (Neil Midkiff) (06/07/91)

One of my housemates, irmscher@leland.stanford.edu (Michael Irmscher),
is looking for a printer driver file to use his Panasonic KX-P1124
printer under Microsoft Windows 3.0 (the Epson emulation mode won't
let him use all the features of the printer).  He has tried calling
Microsoft and apparently all they suggest is writing his own using
Microsoft's "DDK" developer's kit.

Has anybody done this already?  Is there a place on some archive where
this can be found and downloaded?  I can't help him much because I'm a
Macintosh user and am not familiar with the IBM-compatible archive
locations.

Please reply directly to him rather than to this message.

Thank you VERY much!
-Neil

john@drd.com (John Horeth) (06/08/91)

In article <1991Jun6.232256.2782@leland.Stanford.EDU> midkiff@leland.Stanford.EDU (Neil Midkiff) writes:
>One of my housemates, irmscher@leland.stanford.edu (Michael Irmscher),
>is looking for a printer driver file to use his Panasonic KX-P1124
>printer under Microsoft Windows 3.0 (the Epson emulation mode won't
>let him use all the features of the printer).  He has tried calling
>Microsoft and apparently all they suggest is writing his own using
>Microsoft's "DDK" developer's kit.
>
>Has anybody done this already?  Is there a place on some archive where
>this can be found and downloaded?  I can't help him much because I'm a
>Macintosh user and am not familiar with the IBM-compatible archive
>locations.
>
>Please reply directly to him rather than to this message.
>
>Thank you VERY much!
>-Neil

Please reply to the net also since I too am interested in such a beast.

john@DRD.com             | John M. Horeth, II
{uunet,rutgers}!drd!john | Horeth Programming Services, Inc. - (918)622-5594
                         | c/o DRD Corporation (918)743-3013

nice1.ne.rpi.edu (Y. Danon) (06/08/91)

In article <1991Jun7.185826.17221@drd.com> john@drd.com (John Horeth) writes:
>In article <1991Jun6.232256.2782@leland.Stanford.EDU> midkiff@leland.Stanford.EDU (Neil Midkiff) writes:
>>One of my housemates, irmscher@leland.stanford.edu (Michael Irmscher),
>>is looking for a printer driver file to use his Panasonic KX-P1124
>>printer under Microsoft Windows 3.0 (the Epson emulation mode won't
>>let him use all the features of the printer).  He has tried calling
>>Microsoft and apparently all they suggest is writing his own using
>>Microsoft's "DDK" developer's kit.
>>
>>Has anybody done this already?  Is there a place on some archive where
>>this can be found and downloaded?  I can't help him much because I'm a
>>Macintosh user and am not familiar with the IBM-compatible archive
>>locations.
>>
>>Please reply directly to him rather than to this message.
>>
>>Thank you VERY much!
>>-Neil
>
>Please reply to the net also since I too am interested in such a beast.
>

>john@DRD.com             | John M. Horeth, II
>{uunet,rutgers}!drd!john | Horeth Programming Services, Inc. - (918)622-5594
>                         | c/o DRD Corporation (918)743-3013

The even improved epson drivers are working very well for me they are
avilable in cica (129.79.20.22) vi anonymous ftp in the
 /pub/pc/msdos/win3/drivers/printer directory.