[comp.windows.ms] 2 Versions of Win Kermit

aaron@backyard.bae.bellcore.com (Aaron Akman) (06/04/91)

So far I've seen what appear to be 2 different versions of Kermit.
One was done by Hall and has a head-to-toe picture of Kermit as its
Icon, and one I downloaded from Compuserve (I forget the name of the
submitter) and has a picture of Kermit's head as its Icon.

Neither has scripting, #2 can send Kermit server requests and claims
it WILL have scripting in 1.00 (currently at 0.7 or something).

Can anyone tell us more about these variants and what their current
status is?

___________________________
Aaron Akman
aaron@backyard.bellcore.com
908-699-8019

uucox@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Robert Douglas Cox) (06/09/91)

In article <1991Jun4.132342.2102@bellcore.bellcore.com> aaron@backyard.bae.bellcore.com (Aaron Akman) writes:

>So far I've seen what appear to be 2 different versions of Kermit.
>One was done by Hall and has a head-to-toe picture of Kermit as its
>Icon, and one I downloaded from Compuserve (I forget the name of the
>submitter) and has a picture of Kermit's head as its Icon.
>
>Neither has scripting, #2 can send Kermit server requests and claims
>it WILL have scripting in 1.00 (currently at 0.7 or something).
>
>Can anyone tell us more about these variants and what their current
>status is?
>
>___________________________
>Aaron Akman
>aaron@backyard.bellcore.com
>908-699-8019

I was wondering if anyone knows of an ftp site that carries the two programs
mentioned.  If not could someone who has them possibly upload them to
cica.indiana.edu?  Alternatively could someone uuencode them and mail them to
me?  I would really like to try them out.
Thanks
Jeff Bryer
uucox@ccu.umanitoba.ca