[comp.windows.ms] excel easter egg

jbeckley@qualcom.qualcomm.com (Gumby) (06/09/91)

I think someone posted the trick to get the authors in excel for windows.

Can someone e-mail me it, please?

Thanx in advance!

--
 ------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
| jbeckley@wizard.qualcomm.com  | "What are we supposed to do, you morons?" |

bonneau@hyper.hyper.com (Paul Bonneau) (06/11/91)

In article <1991Jun9.062400.15862@qualcomm.com> jbeckley@qualcom.qualcomm.com (Gumby) writes:
>I think someone posted the trick to get the authors in excel for windows.
>
>Can someone e-mail me it, please?

Me too please.

thanks - Paul Bonneau.

jcmorris@mwunix.mitre.org (Joe Morris) (06/11/91)

I've seen several requests on the newsgroup for the easter egg keys, so
I dug out the notes I've collected and compiled them into an FEAQ (Frequent
Easter Egg Questions) file.

Joe Morris

***** E A S T E R   E G G   H U N T   R E S U L T S *****

Collected from various sources; the names in each entry show where
I got the info, which may or may not be where the egg was first
discovered.  As usual, should you be caught or captured ... oops,
wrong tape.  No warranties, express or implied; your milage may
vary, and there may be weather tomorrow.  Contributions of additional
Easter Eggs gleefully accepted and will be posted on a totally random
basis.

BTW: I can't confirm any of the Mac material since my Mac is held up
somewhere in the depths of the purchasing office.  The PC eggs are
valid.

Last update: 6/10/91

Product: Word for Windows, v1.1
Source: Todd Lutz (tlutz@hpdmd48.boi.hp.com)

Here is a hidden feature of Word for Windows:
  1. Turn CAPS LOCK on.
  2. Choose Format, Define Styles, Options.
  3. In the Based On field, select Normal.
  4. You will get an error message, select OK.
  5. Select Cancel.
  6. Select Help, About.
  7. Make sure your mouse cursor is inside the help box, then press the
     following four keys all at the same time: OPUS

You should get some fireworks with the authors names scrolling on the
screen.

Product: Windows 3.0
Source: unknown

Press and hold F3
Type the four characters WIN3
Release F3
Hit the backspace key

The display can be cleared by pressing the left mouse button.

Product: Excel 3.0 for the PC
Source: Aaron Wallace (aaron@jessica.Stanford.EDU) who credits Computer
        Currents for the info

Formula Goto the *last* cell: IV16384
Scroll until this is the only cell visible, in the upper left corner of the
	screen.
Set its row height and column width to 0
Double click on the little button in the upper left corner.

Product: WORD 4 for the Mac
Source: Louis Koziarz (lnk10562@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu)

Call up the "About Word..." dialog box
Press and hold the command key
Click on the flying W logo

Product: Mac SE (hardware)
Source: Louis Koziarz (lnk10562@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu)

Get into the debugger
Set PC to 41D789A  (i.e., >G 41D89A at the prompt)

Product: Macintosh II models (exact types uncertain); Mac SE/30 (hardware)
Source: Luke Mewburn (s902113@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au)

Set the system clock to the American release of the machine [what are
        the valid values?  jcm]
Reboot, holding down command-option-model name characters (e.g., on
        an FX you hold down cmnd-opt-f-x)

***END***