[comp.windows.ms] Tek Phaser SX drivers?

alu@cbnewsk.cb.att.com (Alan Lustiger) (06/07/91)

Anyone know where I can find Windows drivers for the
Tektronix Color Phaser SX printer? ftp or BBS is
fine.

Thanks in advance.
--
               		Alan Lustiger
    |_ | |             	AT&T Bell Laboratories ERC, Princeton, NJ

bdh@gsbsun.uchicago.edu (Brian D. Howard) (06/07/91)

alu@cbnewsk.cb.att.com (Alan Lustiger) writes:

>Anyone know where I can find Windows drivers for the
>Tektronix Color Phaser SX printer? ftp or BBS is
>fine.

Failing that, using the QMS color postscript driver, that
seems to work.  We here are using PC-NFS and TOPS to drive
postscript printers.  Unlike any of the other (apple and qms)
postscript printers it seems that you need to define the TEK
as a postscript printer for PC-NFS instead of 'raw'... (does that
sound half as confusing as it actually is?).

--
"Hire the young while they still know everything."

glenn@imagen.com (glenn boozer) (06/13/91)

bdh@gsbsun.uchicago.edu (Brian D. Howard) writes:

>alu@cbnewsk.cb.att.com (Alan Lustiger) writes:

>>Anyone know where I can find Windows drivers for the
>>Tektronix Color Phaser SX printer? ftp or BBS is
>>fine.

>Failing that, using the QMS color postscript driver, that
>seems to work.  We here are using PC-NFS and TOPS to drive
>postscript printers.  Unlike any of the other (apple and qms)
>postscript printers it seems that you need to define the TEK
>as a postscript printer for PC-NFS instead of 'raw'... (does that
>sound half as confusing as it actually is?).

The Tektronix Color Phaser comes with a Windows driver.
Well, you have to buy the $300 msdos software package.

G. Boozer
glenn@imagen.com