[net.followup] <<<<Are we Forgetting Something>>>> A HIDDEN HOLOCAUST

allynh@ucbvax.ARPA (Allyn Hardyck) (05/21/85)

It owuld be helpgin otu your kause a great deal much a lot if yu had sum
idea thouhgts of riting style behavyoure (not to mention knowledge of nroff
and spell).  [I mean, where do we dig these people up?]

Your implication that the Jews have used fabricated evidence of the Holocaust
as part of the justification for their actions is nothing short of
reprehensible.  Gaining support for the cause of the Ukrainians is one thing,
but doing it while denigrating the PROVEN sufferings of the Jews is quite
another.

I really don't have the time to flame at this person the way he should be,
but I hope someone does.  And learn to WRITE next time, ok?

jeffw@tekecs.UUCP (Jeff Winslow) (05/21/85)

I wouldn't say so about the subject matter, but for presentation, I'd say
this belonged in net.jokes.

While I sympathize with the poster of "Students care about the world", he
appears to have set a rather irritating precedent for anyone who wants
to publish political broadsides on net.general.

Maybe this will finally lead to the abolition of the newsgroup. (hee hee)

	"Welcome to Oregon. We hope you will enjoy your VISIT"  :-)
				Jeff Winslow

mccolm@ucla-cs.UUCP (05/24/85)

Regardless of political beliefs, 446-line articles have no place in
net.general.  Could someone please tell these misguided idiots to
read net.announce.newusers before they post their Political Science
papers to the net?

PS--To the author:  Your writing style is unbecoming a 12-year-old.
--fini--
Eric McColm

gilbert@hwcs.UUCP (Gilbert Cockton) (06/01/85)

In article <587@daemen.UUCP> cs443@daemen.UUCP (Class Account 443) writes:
>              FLASH!!!! NEWSLETTER    {DAEMAN COLLEGE}
>             =========================================
>                   Are We Forgetting Something ?
>                  ------------------------------ by kieth lemberg

Every now and then the net gives us a chance to exercise our
precomputing talents. With a joint degree in History and Education
and two years teaching history in an English 11-18 school, I
couldn't resist the temptation to mark young keith's project.
There were many Ukranians in this school, as well as a Ukranian
teacher. The Ukranians plight is not a forgotten holocaust and
is well publicised, although admittedly the Jewish holocaust is
better known due to the post war efforts of countless jews.
> But the Politburreau had a four year leadership struggle to see
>who would be Lenin's successor.During this comotion in Moscow,one of the future
>leaders in Soviet Russia is gaining recognition between his comrades on his
>philosophy of the use of Marxism in Soviet Russia,this person is Josef Stalin.
 					           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
					  Don't use theatrical constructions
>In 1927 Stalin was climbing the Soviet leadership ladder to such a height that
>in the following year,(1928) he made a little coup so that he could come to
			      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
			      Aaargh - this is not a junior school story
>power of Soviet Russia(Note: this coup was in the Communist Party which is
>the only one in Russia and;if you have control of the party, practically the
>nomination to be the leader of Soviet Russia is at hand).
Better, you've grasped one of the basics of the Soviet power structure.
Contrast this with emergeance of leaders in Western democracies.

>  As Stalin took command of Soviet Russia in 1928 there was one major problem
>facing them,the economy.But this problem of the economy was solved by a plan
>that was(and still today it is working by brutal force)called --- The FIVE YEAR
>PLAN. What is the FIVE YEAR PLAN?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Look, this is a history essay, you're not selling Speed Reading
Self-Instruction courses. Try to cultivate a mature style that
recognises the reader's intelligence.
>did the Tzar(but at least there was more freedom under the rule of the Tzar
> compared to Communistic rule). The Ukrainians,....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Avoid simplistic generalisations. This point requires considerable empirical
support as well as a discussion of your concept of freedom. Perhaps
you haven't done your semester in political philosophy.
>He promised for sure that the people of this population wouldn't forget
             ~~~~~~~~
>the punishment, which the world would sacrely know about what was to come.

I'm not aware of the primary sources here, but I'm sure Stalin
wouldn't have `promised for sure'. Avoid sloppy colloquialisms.

>This reason may be complex to understand,but for those that know the conditions
>that were prevailing in the U.S after W.W.I through the 1930's would have a
>clearer picture of why the media was pro-Stalin.
>  After W.W.I there was a period called the 'roaring'or'rolling'20's which one
>may take as a time in U.S. history as fun times.But this fun is just covering
>up the fresh scares growing in the economy and in politics.

Is this an example of complex understanding? Avoid crude monocausal
explanations, especially ones which rely on unsubstantiatable theories
which regard all popular ideologies as the result of functional
conspiracies guided by some hidden hand. Where does Mickey Mouse
fit into all of this?
>  While the Americans suffer,tha radial Left reveals itself as the the new way.

They were cross-ply in the 20s! (apart from the French popular
front). Don't be too patriotic, other left wing groups had revealed
themselves as the new way a century earlier. It could be argued that
much of their ideology overlaps considerably with radical and popular
movements of pre-industrial Europe (and China!), despite the
Marxist thesis that stresses the discontinuity between
pre-industrial and industrial ideology and the differences between
popular movements in Asia and Europe.
(well documented and reasonably well written section on the
 Ukranian famine follows)
>their way and that the blamed for starting the war. As well the time of the
>pre-Potsdam Conference,FDR died while posing for Pres. portrait to whom the
>artist was Russian(KGB?),and Churchill lost ground on his on soil because the
>                   ~~~
>Labor Party took controll (KGB and Communist support),a covencidence that the
>			    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>two that where suspicious of Stalin in the previous Conference lost power.

Childish and insulting to the contemporary electorates.

>( THE UKRAINIAN WEEKLY apr '82 special issue because of the beginning of the
> 50 year anniversary of THE GREAT FAMINE IN THE UKRAINE)
>  Sept 7,1984,in Rome died a powerful person of the Ukrainian Catholic Church
>to whom I wish to dedicate this to as a memorial document since he was as well
>a living proof of cocentration camp torture in Siberia,Patriarch Joseph Slipyj,
>he was 92 years old at the time of his death.

He was probably a vital primary source on the famine. Your nonsense
at times does little for the memory of anyone who believed in truth
and freedom. Neither flourish in societies where your style of
argument are favoured. I cannot tell by your name whether you are
or are not Ukranian. Even if you are, your unsubstantiated remarks
only weaken the force of your argument where it draws on the actual
details of Stalin's treatment of the Ukranians.