[comp.windows.ms] HP-IB and Windows 3.0 ?

i6finn@vax87.aud.auc.dk (06/14/91)

(BTW is this a FAQ ???)

This is annoying .....

We have a HP Vectra RS/25C and a HP-Colorpro plotter connected using
the HP-IB interface. Using the plotter with some of HP's programs (e.g.
Drawing Gallery) works fine.

Have installed Windows 3.0 and Excel for windows. Using Excel and the
plotter will not work since Windows 3.0 does not 'recognise' an HP-IB
interface.

The HP-dealer tells us to buy a new plotter or forget about Windows !!!

Other suggestions would be nice.

Please E-mail (the News-feed at this site is #%@!!?/)

Thanks in advance ....

Finn Jensen
Department of Building Technology and  Structural Engineering
University of Aalborg
Denmark
Europe

jfadams@tc.fluke.COM (Jim Adams) (06/14/91)

In article <573.2857bca2@vax87.aud.auc.dk> i6finn@vax87.aud.auc.dk writes:
>(BTW is this a FAQ ???)
>
>This is annoying .....
>
>We have a HP Vectra RS/25C and a HP-Colorpro plotter connected using
>the HP-IB interface. Using the plotter with some of HP's programs (e.g.
>Drawing Gallery) works fine.
>
>Have installed Windows 3.0 and Excel for windows. Using Excel and the
>plotter will not work since Windows 3.0 does not 'recognise' an HP-IB
>interface.
>
>The HP-dealer tells us to buy a new plotter or forget about Windows !!!
>
>Other suggestions would be nice.
>

>Please E-mail (the News-feed at this site is #%@!!?/)
>
>Thanks in advance ....
>
>Finn Jensen
>Department of Building Technology and  Structural Engineering
>University of Aalborg
>Denmark
>Europe

A Win-3 DLL might be required.  National Instruments sells such an
item.

--
James F. Adams       John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.        Everett, Washington USA
WORLD:jfadams@tc.fluke.COM