[comp.windows.ms] MS windows 3+qemm 3.1 =>dos box

martin@imagine.matrox.com (Martin Lord) (06/14/91)

   I have a problem in dos box with qemm.  When I type qemm, I get
'QEMM is not present'.  The problem shows up only in enhanced mode.
When I exit MS windows, it is back normal.

    I have an 'exclude' in my qemm setup and I can access HW map in
this range in a MS windows dos box.

tpelander@kontu.utu.fi (06/14/91)

In article <1991Jun13.213541.13188@pandora.matrox.com>, martin@imagine.matrox.com (Martin Lord) writes:
>    I have a problem in dos box with qemm.  When I type qemm, I get
> 'QEMM is not present'.  The problem shows up only in enhanced mode.
> When I exit MS windows, it is back normal.

In order to run Windows in enhanced mode QEMM has to be turned off.
Windows will prosess all DPMI calls instead of QEMM. Qemm.com has to
use these calls to get the data it needs and check if it has been
loaded to memory.