[comp.windows.ms] Pop_up_pictures

qmrkehren@uqvax.cc.uq.oz.au (06/14/91)

I'm looking for a public domain program (if it exists) that pops a .bmp or
.pcx file directly to the screen, straight from clicking an icon. Is there
something like that out there? Please let me know..
Cheers Ulrich

tim@int13.hf.intel.com (Timothy E. Forsyth) (06/14/91)

qmrkehren@uqvax.cc.uq.oz.au writes:
>I'm looking for a public domain program (if it exists) that pops a .bmp or
>.pcx file directly to the screen, straight from clicking an icon. Is there
>something like that out there? Please let me know..
>Cheers Ulrich

There are a couple of things you could do.  One, in the File Manager, set
the File Associate... entry for .GIF, .BMP, & .PCX files to a viewer program
like WinGIF.  Thus when you double click on the file name the program will
run and load the picture.  You can set WinGIF to automatically minimize while
picture is loaded.  Now, whenever you want to "pop up" the loaded picture,
just double click on the WinGIF icon.

Hope this helps some,

Tim Forsyth

P.S. WinGIF can be found on cica.cica.indiana.edu in the directory
     pub/pc/win3/bmp/util in file wingif10.zip.  I don't know where
     you could find it in the southern hemisphere.

--
Tim Forsyth, Intel Corp., OEM Products Division, Hillsboro, Oregon, USA
Internet: tim@int13.intel.com or Tim_Forsyth@ccm.hf.intel.com

s902114@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au (Zen [Stuart Bishop]=) (06/17/91)

tim@int13.hf.intel.com (Timothy E. Forsyth) writes:

:)P.S. WinGIF can be found on cica.cica.indiana.edu in the directory
:)     pub/pc/win3/bmp/util in file wingif10.zip.  I don't know where
:)     you could find it in the southern hemisphere.

There is a cica mirror site at
monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (Monash Uni Victoria Australia)

--

 _____                      Two elephants fell off a cliff. Boom Boom.