[comp.windows.ms] WinQVTNET

cohen@lindsay.psychiatry.uiowa.edu (06/19/91)

I seem to be getting alot of UAE with QVTnet 1.6.  I am using a
HP Ethertwist card with the hppclan packet driver loaded a 0x69
and the -w option set (I have tried it both with and without the
-w).
I am working on a 386 25 MHz with DOS 3.3, win 3.0, 8 MB of RAM,
nothing else loaded.

Thanks for the help
GC

medici@dorm.rutgers.edu (Mark Medici) (06/20/91)

cohen@lindsay.psychiatry.uiowa.edu writes:

>I seem to be getting alot of UAE with QVTnet 1.6.  I am using a
>HP Ethertwist card with the hppclan packet driver loaded a 0x69
>and the -w option set (I have tried it both with and without the
>-w).
>I am working on a 386 25 MHz with DOS 3.3, win 3.0, 8 MB of RAM,
>nothing else loaded.

Have you remembered to load WinQVTN's packet driver interface,
PKTDVR.COM, immediately after the ethernet packet driver?  If so,
perhaps you are trying to use a software interrupt that is getting
stepped on by another program.  Try changing software ints to see if
this matters.

					    Mark A. Medici/Systems Programmer
					    Rutgers Univ. Computing Services
					    <medici@elbereth.rutgers.edu>