[comp.windows.ms] winqvt and PC/TCP

KDICKEY@cmsa.gmr.com (06/25/91)

Hello,

I'm using a TCP/IP package called PC/TCP from FTP Software. I am looking for a
Windows based VT100 (or 220) emulator that I can run on top of their
Telnet (Interrupt 14). I've heard there is something called winqvt
available, and was wondering if it would work over such a connection.
Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks,
Keith Dickey   kdickey@cmsa.gmr.com
General Motors Research Laboratories

bdh@gsbsun.uchicago.edu (Brian D. Howard) (06/25/91)

KDICKEY@cmsa.gmr.com writes:

>Hello,

>I'm using a TCP/IP package called PC/TCP from FTP Software. I am looking for a
>Windows based VT100 (or 220) emulator that I can run on top of their
>Telnet (Interrupt 14). I've heard there is something called winqvt
>available, and was wondering if it would work over such a connection.
>Does anyone know if this is possible?

Yes.  Its ftp-able from cica.cica.indiana.edu.   I haven't actually run
it (yet) on FTP's tcp/ip implementation but have run it with the stand
alone packet driver and it works just fine.

--
"Old age and treachery will overcome youth and talent."