[comp.windows.ms] Can WfW print even or odd pages only?

knotts@hpl-opus.hpl.hp.com (Tom Knotts) (06/25/91)

I have WfW with an HP Laserjet III. I would like to make two-sided
copies, but can't do it directly because I don't have the duplex Laser.
What I could do would be to print only odd-numberd pages, then re-load
the paper turned over and then print the even pages.

Is there any way to tell WfW to print even or odd pages only? It is possible
to do this in Ventura, but it doesn't seem possible in WfW.

Thanks,

Tom

briang@deadzone.uucp (Brian Greenberg) (06/26/91)

In article <69220025@hpl-opus.hpl.hp.com> knotts@hpl-opus.hpl.hp.com (Tom Knotts) writes:

>I have WfW with an HP Laserjet III. I would like to make two-sided
>copies, but can't do it directly because I don't have the duplex Laser.
>What I could do would be to print only odd-numberd pages, then re-load
>the paper turned over and then print the even pages.
>
>Is there any way to tell WfW to print even or odd pages only? It is possible
>to do this in Ventura, but it doesn't seem possible in WfW.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tom

I've never had the pleasure of using WfW, but here's an idea:

	Write a macro that starts at the beginning of the document, cut's a
page of text, and pastes it to a file called "leftdoc" (or something like
that).  Then cut the next page and paste to a file called "rightdoc".  Have the
macro repeat this process until EOF.  Then, you need only print the two
documents and delete them (so they're free for the next time you run the macro)

	I know it's a pain in the ass, but if there's no other way, it just
might be helpful for small documents (depending on your PC speed)

Later,
]_)    .         ]         briang%deadzone@Princeton.EDU      <\___...____
]_) ]~ ] C\ ]\)  ]__].   "It's either sadness or euphoria"    </ (_III_) ~
                                                   - B. Joel