[net.followup] The Multinational Coca-Cola Corp.

waltt@tekecs.UUCP (Walt Tucker) (05/21/85)

We all know the Coca-cola company is a multinational corporation, with
large invenstments in subsidiaries companies or holdings in other companies
such as Columbia Pictures.  My question is: Does the Coca-Cola soft-drink
really account for that large a percentage of sales, and are they really
taking as big a gamble with the NEW COKE formula as we all think they are?
What about all the other soft-drinks they produce (not only the diet and
caffene-free versions of coke, but other soft drinks as well)?

                                -- Walt Tucker
                                   Tektronix, Inc.

david@tekig.UUCP (David Hayes) (05/22/85)

> really account for that large a percentage of sales, and are they really
> taking as big a gamble with the NEW COKE formula as we all think they are?
>
>                                 -- Walt Tucker
>                                    Tektronix, Inc.

I'm not sure of the market share numbers that Coke has, but it
has been reported that each point is worth 250 MILLION bucks.

I'd say that sounds like some kind of risk...

dave
Tektronix, Inc.

jaap@mcvax.UUCP (Jaap Akkerhuis) (05/24/85)

In article <5343@tekecs.UUCP> waltt@tekecs.UUCP (Walt Tucker) writes:
 > We all know the Coca-cola company is a multinational corporation, with

Could you move this discussion to net.misc or start net.coke.

wbpesch@ihuxp.UUCP (Walt Pesch) (05/30/85)

The most interesting rumor that I have heard comes to me third person
from a rather important person who works for Coke in Atlanta (where
they make all of the syrup.)  The reason for the new formula is that
the bottling companies have LONG-term agreements to purchase the syrup
at a fixed cost.  This cost was fixed at a time long before inflation.
Now, with changing the formula, Coca-Cola is free to renegotiate the
agreements with the bottling companies.  And therefor increase there
profit margin.

--
Walt Pesch
AT&T Network Systems

goldman@umn-cs.UUCP (Matthew D. Goldman ) (06/02/85)

In article <676@mcvax.UUCP> jaap@mcvax.UUCP (Jaap Akkerhuis) writes:
>In article <5343@tekecs.UUCP> waltt@tekecs.UUCP (Walt Tucker) writes:
> > We all know the Coca-cola company is a multinational corporation, with
>
>Could you move this discussion to net.misc or start net.coke.
better yet, why doesn't everyone on the net print out all the flames about
the New Coke and mail them to Coca-cola!!

--
-------
				Matthew Goldman

Home is where you take your hat off...			Banzai!

Kyllara :	What did you just do?
Moederan :	I don't know but it's going to be fun...