[comp.windows.ms] QVT Net

ochealth@unixg.ubc.ca (Occupational Health Ochealth Safety) (06/26/91)

I'm sure this has been done to death, but since WnQVT Net 1.6 has so
few DOCS with it, I need advice!

Can anyone e-mail me their tips for getting it running? Actually it is
running, it just won't connect to anything. I got the drivers locally for
SLIP (no ethernet card), and I don't know if they are compatible with windows,
or what switches to use.

QVT net runs, but even though I specified a nameserver, I can't connect to
any sites with ftp or telnet.

ANY tips would be greatly appreaciated.

John Paul Morrison.

mccashin@salal.chspr.ubc.ca (Brian McCashin) (06/27/91)

In article <1991Jun25.233518.5242@unixg.ubc.ca> ochealth@unixg.ubc.ca (Occupational Health Ochealth Safety) writes:
>I'm sure this has been done to death, but since WnQVT Net 1.6 has so
>few DOCS with it, I need advice!
>
>Can anyone e-mail me their tips for getting it running? Actually it is
>running, it just won't connect to anything. I got the drivers locally for
>SLIP (no ethernet card), and I don't know if they are compatible with windows,
>or what switches to use.
>
>QVT net runs, but even though I specified a nameserver, I can't connect to
>any sites with ftp or telnet.
>
>ANY tips would be greatly appreaciated.
>
>John Paul Morrison.

Are the drivers Clarkson packet drivers? I'm using it with no problem and
I'm connected to the SAME host as you. Mail me your QVT_TCP.RC or phone
and I'll help. I'm going on holidays tomorrow so phone.

Brian McCashin                            Internet: mccashin@unixg.ubc.ca
Senior Programmer/Analyst                 Phone 604-822-5502
Centre For Health Services and Policy Research
University of British Columbia, Vancouver CANADA