[comp.windows.ms] W4W won't see ATM fonts

u5557908@ucsvc.ucs.unimelb.edu.au (06/24/91)

I am using Word for Windows with ATM installed. Lately I have added more ATM
fonts, every other accessory programs show the new fonts under fonts selection
except Word For Windows. I have  exited windows with all changes saved, many
times without sucess, then without any obvious reasons Word for windows
reconized the new fonts. Last night I again loaded new ATM fonts to try, same
trouble with W4W appeared. This time , I am unable to get W4W to list these
fonts under characters selection. No touble with WRITE. Can anyone please help.
Thnaks in advance.

kpleas@milton.u.washington.edu (Keith Pleas) (06/24/91)

WFW maintains it's own font information.  To force it to rebuild
it's font list, it is necessary to do a "File, Printer Setup"
command (though you don't have to go any deeper in than that)

chenh@athena.ecs.csus.edu ( h philip chen ) (06/24/91)

u5557908@ucsvc.ucs.unimelb.edu.au writes:
>I am using Word for Windows with ATM installed. Lately I have added more ATM
>fonts, every other accessory programs show the new fonts under fonts selection
>except Word For Windows. I have  exited windows with all changes saved, many
>times without sucess, then without any obvious reasons Word for windows
>reconized the new fonts. Last night I again loaded new ATM fonts to try, same
>trouble with W4W appeared. This time , I am unable to get W4W to list these
>fonts under characters selection. No touble with WRITE. Can anyone please help.
>Thnaks in advance.

Delete the "WINWORD.INI" file in your W4W directory. (Notice the word
"INI" above -- please don't delete the wrong file:-)).

When you restart W4W, the application will ask you for your name, etc.
The new font-list will be there when W4W automatically creates a
new "WINWORD.INI" file.

Hope this helps a little,

-philip chenh@athena.ecs.csus.edu
        chenh@csusac.ecs.csus.edu

mgd@mcshh.hanse.de (Michael Gerdau) (06/28/91)

In <1991Jun24.082355.2818@csusac.csus.edu> chenh@athena.ecs.csus.edu ( h philip chen ) writes:
]Delete the "WINWORD.INI" file in your W4W directory. (Notice the word
]"INI" above -- please don't delete the wrong file:-)).

NO !!! There is no need for it !
As has been memtioned earlier, just do "Printer, Configure, etc. " and
everything will be okay.
(For the last time: W4W maintains its own fontlist...)

Regards, Michael
--
Michael Gerdau, Nibelungenweg 6, W-2000 Hamburg 56, FRG  Voice: +49 40 812 164
Net: mgd@mcshh.hanse.de                   Bang: ...uunet!mcsun!unido!mcshh!mgd