[comp.windows.ms] Grayed sidebars in Word for Windows?

jdm@kofax.uucp (James D. Murray) (06/28/91)

	I am using WINWORD and an HP LaserJet IIP and would like to know
if I can achieve grayed sidebars on printed text.  I'd like to have the
area within a sidebar (boxed paragraph) print out with a 25% or 50% grayed
shading.  I haven't been able to find this capability in the manuals.
--

-----

/*

carl@point4.com (Carl W. Bergerson) (06/28/91)

jdm@kofax.uucp (James D. Murray) writes:

> 	I am using WINWORD and an HP LaserJet IIP and would like to know
> if I can achieve grayed sidebars on printed text.  I'd like to have the
> area within a sidebar (boxed paragraph) print out with a 25% or 50% grayed
> shading.  I haven't been able to find this capability in the manuals.

Grayed (shaded) text can be achieved in w4w only (sigh) with Postscript
printers. I believe this is documented in Examples.DOC.

I hope MS corrects this deficiency soon, WordPerfect provided shading
at any percentage on HPLJ II at least as early as 5.0 in 1988.

Carl
--
Carl Bergerson                                           uunet!p4tustin!carl
Point 4 Data Corporation                                     carl@point4.com