[comp.windows.ms] lost access to cica

joec@fid.morgan.com (Joe Collins) (06/29/91)

I cannot do anonymous ftp directly but was able to use the services of BITFTP
to do that for me. I would send mail to BITFTP, outlining my
ftp request. It would then do it and mail me the file, in pieces.

BITFTP is apparently not doing that anymore so does anyone know of another
server that will ftp for me (OR) have any other suggestions on how
I might access cica for download purposes?

Any and all help is appreciated...

THANKS!

joec@morgan.com

ajbennett@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (Andrew Bennett) (06/29/91)

In article <1991Jun28.211533.8197@fid.morgan.com>, joec@fid.morgan.com (Joe Collins) writes:

> BITFTP is apparently not doing that anymore so does anyone know of another
> server that will ftp for me (OR) have any other suggestions on how
> I might access cica for download purposes?
>
> Any and all help is appreciated...

I heard that bitftp dropped the non-bitnet nodes to lower the number
of requests it receives.  Sounds reasonable.

I've heard that for internet/(non-bitnet) machines, you should be
able to use ftpmail@decwrl.dec.com.  Never used it, so I can't vouch
for it.  This machine is both an internet and bitnet node, so I will
continue to use bitftp...

Andrew
--

    Andrew Bennett   ajbennett@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu  [@miavx1.bitnet]