Subject: Re:  How to compare kernels?
From: netsys!vsi!friedl

Denny Page says:
> Anybody have any other undocumented configuraton parameters they would
> like to share?

Not a autoboot parameter, but mkboot takes an `-x' argument that
prints tons of debug info...

	# cd /boot
	# mkboot -x -k KERNEL

     Steve

---
Steve Friedl    V-Systems, Inc.  +1 714 545 6442    3B2-kind-of-guy
friedl@vsi.com     {backbones}!vsi.com!friedl    attmail!vsi!friedl
---------Nancy Reagan on cutting the grass: "Just say mow"---------
:wq!

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Nov 88 20:54:32 cst
From: ucsfmis!ide!uunet!cs.utexas.edu!mybest6!paddock (pri=-20  Steve Paddock)
Subject: Re: TCP/SLIP

> From: cogsci!wimsey.bc.ca!attvcr!mdivax1!fraser (Cameron Fraser)
> To: well!lamc!info-3b2@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU
> Subject: TCP/SLIP
>
> Would someone please give me a reference re obtaining SLIP for 3B2? I'd
> also appreciate hearing from anyone using it.  We are interested in using
> it to link development environments via Telebit 19.2K baud modems. Thanks.

Me too!

Steve

Steve Paddock  uunet!bigtex!mybest!paddock; paddock@mybest.cactus.org
               ut-emx!mybest!paddock
               {attmail|gbsic5|bscaus}!uhous1!paddock

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Nov 88 10:16:51 CST
From: cogsci!ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU!uwvax!shorty.cs.wisc.edu!sadler (Jon B. Sadler)
Subject: TCP/SLIP

Unfortunately, the TCP/IP package that AT&T sells for the 3b2 does not support
SLIP (at least in the incarnations I have seen).  There are a few other ways
to get SLIP up and running on the 3b though.  First, there are other venders
that have TCP/IP on the 3b2.  The one that I have had the most experience with
is Lachman Associates.  Their TCP/IP for the 3b2 does support SLIP.  Unfortu-
nately, they only sell their code to OEMs, and then as a source development
package.  The number to reach Lachman is 1-800-LAI-UNIX.

Another route to go is to take the KA9Q software (recently re-written to support
multi-user OS's much better) and use it.  Basically, there is a daemon that han-
dles the SLIP line, and each application (FTP, TELNET, etc.) has been migrated
into a seperate process.  (The older versions had all programs rolled into one
BIG program.)  This new version is still being worked on, but a PRE-ALPHA ver-
sion is avail.  Please contact me by e-mail for more info on this.

Jonathan Sadler (sadler@cs.wisc.edu)
Computing Systems Lab (CSL)
University of Wisconsin - Madison

INTERNET:  sadler@cs.wisc.edu         SNAIL MAIL:  Jonathan Sadler
           sadler@csd4.milw.wisc.edu               2350 Comp Sci + Stat (CSL)
UUCP    :  ...!rutgers!uwvax!sadler                University of Wisconsin
           sadler@uwvax.UUCP                       Madison, WI 53706
           ...chinet!laidbak!sadler   BELL NET:    (608) 262-2389

To join this group or have your thoughts in the next issue, please
send electronic mail to Ken Davis at the following address;

	{pacbell,netsys,hoptoad,well}!lamc!info-3b2-request

The views expressed in Info-3b2 Digest are those of the
individual authors only.

End of Info-3b2 Digest